Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

New Light Bar and a little help...

Added a Rigid Industries light bar - LOVE IT - just so clean - I need help with the connector that came on it - does anyone know what you call that type of connector? Obviously a 2 post for 12V, but has to have a technical name - I need to find the female - could always cut and splice something else but rather not....
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Looks like a Weather Pack connector. Common in the auto industry.
I think Summit, JEGS and places like NAPA sell them. You crimp ends on to wires, then feed those ends in to the Weather Pack connector.
G
Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Deutsch connectors ??

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=deut...=1920&bih=1068
Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99' Sportstar
can you give us more info on that light bar and some install photos. looks clean up there.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Light has 2 mounting brackets that can slide to any width of the entire housing - I just lined them up with the existing accessory holes in my New Dimension (on an 03 X2) - so honestly, took 10 minutes - already had a 5 light halogen bar wired there, and couldn't find the replacement bulbs because it took the whole bulb/reflector housing which was crazy expensive and they just were not that bright anyway - so it was already wired. Just need to get make the final connection. You would have enough room to add a rear facing as well if you wanted - these have a deep heat sink in the back of the housing, so they taper nicely in the back. I saw a brand new Xstar the other day with these lights and decided to go ahead and change it all - it would take 9 of these LED bars to create the draw of the 5 old halogens - so battery savings as well. I will try to get more pics up.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
That's a female 2 pin Deutsch DT series, maybe a DT04-2P. It should say on the side of it.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thank you to all - this amount of concentrated boat knowledge, is a BLESSING to be part of.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by helton333 View Post
Light has 2 mounting brackets that can slide to any width of the entire housing - I just lined them up with the existing accessory holes in my New Dimension (on an 03 X2) - so honestly, took 10 minutes - already had a 5 light halogen bar wired there, and couldn't find the replacement bulbs because it took the whole bulb/reflector housing which was crazy expensive and they just were not that bright anyway - so it was already wired. Just need to get make the final connection. You would have enough room to add a rear facing as well if you wanted - these have a deep heat sink in the back of the housing, so they taper nicely in the back. I saw a brand new Xstar the other day with these lights and decided to go ahead and change it all - it would take 9 of these LED bars to create the draw of the 5 old halogens - so battery savings as well. I will try to get more pics up.
More pics would be great.

I am thinking about switching over my tower from hid projector lights to led's light like those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Finished install pics

As promised, here's the finished look - mounting to the existing drilled cross member on the New Dimensions Factory tower - brighter (BY FAR!!) than the 5 halogens. I didn't need a rear facing, but there was plenty of room to add one to the same crossbar - may have had to drill a couple holes, but it would have worked.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

looks great!