Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver View Post
Any updates on this install? How's the Jensen unit working out? I'm going to be replacing a dead head unit in a week or two, and the Jensen is on my short list. I'm planning on doing a Kyle speakerbox for my wake pole and adding a sub. Does the Jensen have the ability to run two external amps?
G
Well, I put the stereo in when I took the boat out last fall and the boat hasn't gone in the water yet so no real updates can be given.

You may want to look over the manual to see if it'll meet your needs. I think it is a great fit for the limited location we have available on the '87-'89 dash. I still need to find a suitable block off cover for the hole left behind.

Mine is hooked up to my amp. You should get the remote turn on I suggested, otherwise you will have to turn the amp(s) on manually which would be a hassle.

http://www.asaelectronics.com/downlo...ers_manual.pdf

I really love the fact that it's sub-$100, waterproof and has USB line-in.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
USB in is one of the things I'm looking for, just would like to be able to add two amps. I'll see if I can find a download of the manual for the unit.
Cheers,
Greg
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver View Post
USB in is one of the things I'm looking for, just would like to be able to add two amps. I'll see if I can find a download of the manual for the unit.
Cheers,
Greg
Greg, in the post right above yours I linked to the manual. I'm sure you can feed two amps with a simple RCA Y-splitter. Good luck, and let us know how it all works out.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Final post. I finally got some finished photos of this thing in place. So far, so good. We're loving the fact that it's waterproof and has a USB connection. Verdict: this is a great choice for anyone with a '87-'89 PS 190 (with the challenging narrow dash).

If you already had a stereo in place, you will need to come up with a creative way to block off the old hole. i could find a "glove box" to fit that narrow space so I fabricated a plate. Thread here.