Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3961  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Nateb Nateb is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Boat: 2007 xstar
Location: Midwest
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
That's an ecoboost FX4, awesome tow vehicle, just a little thirsty under load IMO
+1... It's rated to tow 11,000 lb. but won't get the best mpg doing it. But I don't tow the boat very often, it will be in a lift during the summer. So wasn't worth the extra coin to me for a diesel
Reply With Quote
  #3962  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
zsqure's Avatar
zsqure zsqure is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Location: in the 330
Posts: 623
Hooked up and ready to drag the (new to me) 209 to the boat spa for a few days. Taking it up to Boathouse Marine to be Re-Commissioned....whatever that is.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #3963  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM
bill-d-c's Avatar
bill-d-c bill-d-c is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 1998 Maristar LT-1
Location: Midwest
Posts: 162
Beautiful boat!!
Bill
Reply With Quote
  #3964  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM
rtw_travel's Avatar
rtw_travel rtw_travel is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2014 X-14V
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Hooked up and ready to drag the (new to me) 209 to the boat spa for a few days. Taking it up to Boathouse Marine to be Re-Commissioned....whatever that is.
I don't know what that is, but suspect they'll re-commission your credit card at the same time.

How do you like your Audi for towing. Is that the diesel?
__________________
2014 X-14V
2012 X-14V (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #3965  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Wkbdr8105's Avatar
Wkbdr8105 Wkbdr8105 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 06' 230SS, Crusader 6.0L
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1
Tow Rig

2001 Chevy 2500 & the 2006 230SS
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #3966  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
nickespi's Avatar
nickespi nickespi is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Location: South
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkbdr8105 View Post
2001 Chevy 2500 & the 2006 230SS
Very nice and Welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #3967  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM
BrianT's Avatar
BrianT BrianT is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 584
Just put the summer wheels on.
Reply With Quote
  #3968  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
zsqure's Avatar
zsqure zsqure is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Location: in the 330
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtw_travel View Post
How do you like your Audi for towing. Is that the diesel?
So far it has been OK, nothing to rave about - you know it's back there. I don't get in any hurry, no extra power like a diesel would have. Even some pickups have all horsepower and no torque in the useable range, with a load you would be better off pedaling. We won't see the Q5 diesel here until July or September. The handling with the trailer is better than the single axle of the '88 ps190 this replaced, and this one has brakes which the old one did not. Overall I am comfortable with it. I've had a CDL since they were required so I've been towing large loads for 20 plus years.
Reply With Quote
  #3969  
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 PM
fskof's Avatar
fskof fskof is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Location: Milwaukee, Wi
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
So far it has been OK, nothing to rave about - you know it's back there. I don't get in any hurry, no extra power like a diesel would have. Even some pickups have all horsepower and no torque in the useable range, with a load you would be better off pedaling. We won't see the Q5 diesel here until July or September. The handling with the trailer is better than the single axle of the '88 ps190 this replaced, and this one has brakes which the old one did not. Overall I am comfortable with it. I've had a CDL since they were required so I've been towing large loads for 20 plus years.
What is the tow rating for the little Audi Q5. The Q7 would have been a better tow vehicle.
__________________
2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Reply With Quote
  #3970  
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM
zsqure's Avatar
zsqure zsqure is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Location: in the 330
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskof View Post
What is the tow rating for the little Audi Q5. The Q7 would have been a better tow vehicle.
Tow rating is maxed out (4400lbs). I agree on the Q7 but the Q5 was purchased months before we considered buying a boat. The designated driver did not like how big the 7 was. Would like to get her into a TDI T-reg next. I have a 50 mile daily commute so I need something that sips fuel, not drinks it like a frat boy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.