Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I still really want to do the Delta, but with this new information, it sounds like we are going to be tied to somewhere closer to the wedding site. We've still not heard which winery she is getting married at, so maybe the Delta is still a possibility.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I still really want to do the Delta, but with this new information, it sounds like we are going to be tied to somewhere closer to the wedding site. We've still not heard which winery she is getting married at, so maybe the Delta is still a possibility.
You kind of gotta know the Delta a bit to safely travel it. High vs low tide, shallow spots, wind drift, current drift (more than one might expect), lake lice (aka smokers) abound in spots, narrow channels (sometimes your best friends because tubers just find it impossible to do doughnuts/power-turns), etc. But with some advice of people who know various spots (I only know a limited area)... The delta is not much to look at but to know it is to love it. But with all that being said, the flat water of the delta is hard to beat... Maybe you been there before.

There is RV parking/camping at various spots. Looks like an hour trip between downtown Napa and a good spot on the Delta. There maybe closer spots. It is about 50 minute ride from downtown Napa to Pleasure Cove. Timing based upon google maps for what that is worth.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
If you want get a pull at my club hit me up. Only about an hour or so away. We have room