Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclarks1111 View Post
Honestly, I wanted a X14V and wound up having to settle on a X2 specifically for the pickle fork. My wife loved it as soon as we got in it. I couldn't convince her otherwise!
She has good taste!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-01-2013, 08:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X-55, 2011, 6.0L
If you are more concerned with room the PF allows for folks to spread out and stretch out. We decided on a X-55 and wife absolutely loves the bow. I do as well when my DD is driving. The bow doesn't restrict your vision unless you have several adults up there. If I do have several up there I make sure my wife or DD is up there keeping a spot for boats, debris etc..another consideration is how she like to cruise-sit, layout, face fwd/aft...the PF allows for either a little more comfortably when in bow. If you plan to roll with a crowd and wifey likes to sun and have her own space she'll love the PF once she tries it. Tell her to keep an open mind till you guys go lounge in some for a day. even if she doesn't budge, you'll win either way....
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I like the extra storage, the way the seats lift up and the extra space for sunning. (your wife should like that part too)

Plus you can't beat the look of a slammed pickle fork MC on the water!

Name:  X-star on river.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  92.1 KB
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft Xstar 08 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclarks1111 View Post
Honestly, I wanted a X14V and wound up having to settle on a X2 specifically for the pickle fork. My wife loved it as soon as we got in it. I couldn't convince her otherwise!
Ditto on the "couldn't convince her otherwise". Once she saw it there was no going back.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
So with my PN X-15, when in heavy chop, I use the attitude adjustment plate to drop the bow so that it cuts through the waves for a bit of a better ride. I'll do this when crossing the bigger sections of lakes when the wind is blowing and we are trying to get to a better spot to wakeboard. Do any of you guys do that with the PF boats? Does it work well?

Space was not a big concern for me as we don't take that many out with us. I do plan to put a fat sac in the bow this year so I will have to relocate my anchor but that is no biggie.

Oh, and space was a big issue with me fitting the boat in the garage at an angle. Every inch counted. So that was the end of story for me and any PF boats.

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 03-02-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Another pickle fork advantage... depending on the model, you can get the bow ladder. I've only used mine a few times but when I do, its really handy to have. But, I'm with all the others in saying the bow has more room and the flip up seat are great for accessing the storage space. Also, that extra space on the front deck allows for a good step on/off spot when picking up or dropping off folks.

A boat like an x30 probably already has a good amount of space up front but I'd bet a comparably long boat like an x35 would feel much bigger. But in the case of x15, the cabin space is much larger than, say, an xstar which is similar in length so there are some trade offs there.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-30
In my experience water over the bow has been due to the driver...unless you are heading into 5' or greater swells and in that case you should have been at the house...
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFuss View Post
In my experience water over the bow has been due to the driver...unless you are heading into 5' or greater swells and in that case you should have been at the house...
To a point (no pun intended) I agree, but the PF boats, X2 and X45 are the ones I have time in, DO take water over the bow easier then say a X15 or X30. If you look at the lines, the MC PF boats angle down considerably towards the bow and any ill timed rollers, especially with surf weight or a full load of people up front can easily dunk the nose.
Compared to the X15, with 600lbs more weight than I surf with in my X2, you can't hardly dunk the nose if you try.
The dropped nose gives them a sleek look on the water but not as practical.
If any of you have seen the add for the Boarding School where Moye and someone are standing on the bows of a X star and a Nautique V nose, it becomes apparent. The Star is only 2' maybe to the top of the gunnels in front off the water where the Nautique is twice as high off the water.

Who cares though, it's a boat, it'll get wet.
Given the choice at the time I would have taken a X 15 over my X2, but I do like the looks of the PF a little better.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 04-19-2013, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 245, 2006
I started with a 230 and upgraded to a 245. Pickle fork gives a lot more room in the bow. I struggled at first with the new look, but now everybody has one they are here to stay.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
To a point (no pun intended) I agree, but the PF boats, X2 and X45 are the ones I have time in, DO take water over the bow easier then say a X15 or X30. If you look at the lines, the MC PF boats angle down considerably towards the bow and any ill timed rollers, especially with surf weight or a full load of people up front can easily dunk the nose.
Compared to the X15, with 600lbs more weight than I surf with in my X2, you can't hardly dunk the nose if you try.
The dropped nose gives them a sleek look on the water but not as practical.
If any of you have seen the add for the Boarding School where Moye and someone are standing on the bows of a X star and a Nautique V nose, it becomes apparent. The Star is only 2' maybe to the top of the gunnels in front off the water where the Nautique is twice as high off the water.

Who cares though, it's a boat, it'll get wet.
Given the choice at the time I would have taken a X 15 over my X2, but I do like the looks of the PF a little better.
Let my wife drive, she will fix that!