Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael hunter View Post
What a surprise . I read this thread expecting Nautique to get slammed . All the posts so far have been fair to both brands. I own a Nautique and Supra I stopped posting here because of all the brand bashing. I'm glad to see that things seems to have changed. I always thought the MC brand was top notch. The fact that MC likes to promote their models by putting down the others has always been my biggest turn off with them. I hope this is the way they are going in the future.
IMO, the core group of members here appreciate quality boats no matter the brand.

FWIW I bought my first MC when I was looking for a SN.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I agree with JohnE, it's a sign of honesty on this forum when members voice their real opinion about quality products and are not "drinking the cool aid" of a certain brand.

Get opinions of both brands from current owners who are honest, and most importantly drive and ski/board behind every boat you're thinking of buying.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael hunter View Post
What a surprise . I read this thread expecting Nautique to get slammed . All the posts so far have been fair to both brands. I own a Nautique and Supra I stopped posting here because of all the brand bashing. I'm glad to see that things seems to have changed. I always thought the MC brand was top notch. The fact that MC likes to promote their models by putting down the others has always been my biggest turn off with them. I hope this is the way they are going in the future.
Ive been around mc my whole life.... never have I heard my mc dealer bash any other brand. I'm honestly not afraid to say what boat is better than the other, regardless of what brand it is. People sip the kool aid from all the brands, as you see on wake world.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-2
when we bought out MC we looked at everyone. We narrowed it down to CC and MC. at 6'1 I hated the seats in the CC but loved the rest of the boat. That was my only drawback about the CC line up. The G series has changed ALOT when it comes to seat height and comfort, but after taking the x30 out for a spin along with the G23... I'll stay with MC. Again, Love the G23 and the CC lineup, just like the interior of the MC lineup more. just my $.02
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
IMO, the core group of members here appreciate quality boats no matter the brand.

FWIW I bought my first MC when I was looking for a SN.
I was in the same position. I was either looking at a CC 206, a SNOB or a MC 205. I wanted the best ski wake possible for an open bow and that's what drove my decision. The reviews of the older 205's were excellent and the CC SNOB was not nearly as favorable. And because I'm a Christian, I admire a company (CC) that can put a Biblical quote on their Brochure..... I Corinthians 16:13-14.

1994 205, LT1
Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
I was in the same position. I was either looking at a CC 206, a SNOB or a MC 205. I wanted the best ski wake possible for an open bow and that's what drove my decision. The reviews of the older 205's were excellent and the CC SNOB was not nearly as favorable. And because I'm a Christian, I admire a company (CC) that can put a Biblical quote on their Brochure..... I Corinthians 16:13-14.

CC has some very impressive historical stories as well - solid company management in the past.

In terms of waterski boats - I do really think its regional, there are not as many used SN's around because there was not a dealership around (in my area) more used MC's.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

I would be proud to own a master craft, or a nautique. That being said, my buddies that own nautique and we master craft owners tend to throw it in each others faces. It's all part of the fun!