Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
4/9/2013 Update: Shower tile is almost done and tub is set.

What feels like an epic battle to complete my master shower tile is nearly complete with only the soap/shampoo nook left to tile and of course the grouting. It turned out pretty nice and will look good with an all glass sliding shower door I think.
We also set the master tub in it's final resting place. After a good cleaning and some grouting of all of the tile, things should really come together.

The carpenter got all of the interior doors hung and most of them trimmed out.

As far as the yard goes we will have to wait at least a few more weeks until all of the exterior work is done. They still need to drill the well and install the septic system which will tear things up a good bit and then I have to trench the downspout lines and garage drain. If I miss the rainy season I will likely just throw a pump in the pond and put in a bunch of sprinkler to cover everything.

Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Tile looks good!!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM
MC Devotee

4/15/2013 Update: Trim is nearly complete as well as fireplace.

It's been a little bit since I posted an update.
The trim carpenter should be finishing up this week as he has a couple of rooms left to put baseboards in and then he can put up the railing and small trim that goes with it. He also will be putting all of the door handles on as well as the pull knobs/handles for all of the cabinets.
The mason's finished the stone on the fireplace and will be putting the hearthstone on today, so all they have left to do it finish up a little bit of work on the outside but our weather has not quite been conducive.
The well drilling truck is ready to go so hopefully they will drill this week....I am somewhat anxious for this as is really is the last unkown cost. While the wells in the area range from 65 feet to 160 feet...the house in front of me is 117 feet, we budgeted for 150 feet and are keeping our fingers crossed!

Next up for me is to finish filling all of the nail holes in the trim and touch it all up then we should be able to move on to cleaning the whole house by the end of the week in prep for touching-up the walls. After that, we need to get to pouring the garage floor and installing a catch-basin drain outside the garage area to deal grab all of the water that we are diverting with the swayle we cut in the back yard so that it does not go over my drive.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Look'n good man!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 AM
MC Devotee

4/19/2013 Update: Gutters are on and carpenter is getting closer to completion.

Not a lot of new pics to share as it was getting dark as I was leaving the house last night but here is what has been happening:
1) Well drilling continues as they are now down roughly 80-90 feet and into a mixture of clay, sand and gravel. I do not know a lot about wells and got a little education from the driller who stated that I will have a sand and gravel well most likely, which he says is good. So when the drilling stops the wel will be fully cased and a screen will be at the bottom. Hoping to hit good water today so that I can get it trenched to the house this weekend!

2) The mason's are all done with the stone work and it looks awesome. The hearth stone was really the last thing they had to do inside and it is now done as you will see in the pic below.

3) The gutters and downspouts went on yesterday and just in time as we had rain moving in last night. So, hopefully between the fact that I graded a swayle in back and now have the water diverted from the foundation, my block should be completely dry.

4) The HVAC guys came out and set the AC unit as well as my permanent furnace, and connected all of the ductwork.

5) The carpenter is now into what he calls the fun stuff by putting in the red oak column wraps, associated trim and then moving on to the handrail. He is expecting to finish up sometime early next week.

6) The countertops are nearly complete and will be installed mid-next week (Thank you Mgboyd!).

7) All of the lighting fixtures have been purchased and are awaiting the electricians early next week.

8) Plumbing is ready to roll as soon as water is available.

So, as for me, I am still waiting on water to grout the tile and have been filling the nail holes in the trim and will be touching all of that up this weekend. In addition, just been moving some dirt around and getting the garage ready for cement, now that the skidsteer has returned from its winter duties. Also started looking at various polebarn packages in case I should actually be in a position to afford to put that up in the near future (fingers crossed)! I am thinking 40 x 60 metal roof and sides with a 12 foot door on either end so that it is a drivethru, but we will see when that time comes!

Enjoy.....it's gonna be another busy weekend!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 AM
MC Devotee

4/23/2013 Update: Railing is going up and lights are going in!

The carpenter is nearing the end as the handrail went up yesterday and all of the holes were drilled for the black metal spindles which he will be putting in today. After that he just has a few odds and ends to wrap up which means he should be done no later than Wednesday.
The electricians were there yesterday hanging all of the lights and fans as well as installing all of the outlets and switches. They will be back today to finish up and then the drywallers come back to touch-up some spots and to finish the garage.

As for me, well, all of the stained trim got a couple of poly coats this past weekend and the painted trim is next to be touched-up before moving on to poly the stairs and railing sometime this weekend. After that the doors all come off and get painted and then it is on to hardwood flooring.

Still a good bit to do but the end.....for now...is certainly in sight!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Very nice......thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
The carpenter is nearing the end as the handrail went up yesterday and all of the holes were drilled for the black metal spindles which he will be putting in today. After that he just has a few odds and ends to wrap up which means he should be done no later than Wednesday.
The electricians were there yesterday hanging all of the lights and fans as well as installing all of the outlets and switches. They will be back today to finish up and then the drywallers come back to touch-up some spots and to finish the garage.

As for me, well, all of the stained trim got a couple of poly coats this past weekend and the painted trim is next to be touched-up before moving on to poly the stairs and railing sometime this weekend. After that the doors all come off and get painted and then it is on to hardwood flooring.

Still a good bit to do but the end.....for now...is certainly in sight!
Are you doing pickets on that handrail? that wouldn't pass code around here without the pickets every 4" on center. Looks great though.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '08 X14 sold, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Looking great ... Way to go
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Looking good Jeff.