Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Jerseydave's Avatar
Jerseydave Jerseydave is offline
TT Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Location: Jersey
Posts: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
When you lay the #750 fat sac in the bow walkthrough and fill it up, does it put a lot of side pressure on the walkthrough door and bow seat sides? or enough to cause any concern? Also how high is the bow sac when full?
I can still open/close the bow seats with the bag full. I don't recall much side pressure on the walkthrough door. When full it's about 22-24" high I think. We step on the sac to get up to the bow area.
I already had this 750 sac so that's why I still use it. Not sure it there is a better choice for the X-star walkway. I didn't want the 2 under-seat sacs up front because I keep too much stuff under there (surfboard, vests, etc.) It works for me.
__________________
I was njskier on here.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
I can still open/close the bow seats with the bag full. I don't recall much side pressure on the walkthrough door. When full it's about 22-24" high I think. We step on the sac to get up to the bow area.
I already had this 750 sac so that's why I still use it. Not sure it there is a better choice for the X-star walkway. I didn't want the 2 under-seat sacs up front because I keep too much stuff under there (surfboard, vests, etc.) It works for me.
Thats exacly why I prefer the bow walkway bag instead of the under seat bags. I need the storage space for other stuff.

Also, the boags made for the X-Star are about $100 more for each bag than an equivelent stock bag. I can get 3 #750 fat sacs in red for about $450 and end up with more weight than the X Star additional ballast bags for a few hundered $$ cheaper. The savings alone will pay for 2 portable pumps.
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Jerseydave's Avatar
Jerseydave Jerseydave is offline
TT Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Location: Jersey
Posts: 5,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Thats exacly why I prefer the bow walkway bag instead of the under seat bags. I need the storage space for other stuff.

Also, the boags made for the X-Star are about $100 more for each bag than an equivelent stock bag. I can get 3 #750 fat sacs in red for about $450 and end up with more weight than the X Star additional ballast bags for a few hundered $$ cheaper. The savings alone will pay for 2 portable pumps.
You can always use 2 of the 750# sacs in the rear to save money, just don't fill them all the way if they hit your heater core. Either way you go in the rear (720's or 750's) you're going to love the wake!
__________________
I was njskier on here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Anyone have photos of either 750's or 1100 sacs in the rear compartment?
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 AM
thamax thamax is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 07 X-Star
Location: Northwest
Posts: 188
Go to my for Sale ad they fill up to 720lbs in my boat that's off a truck scale they are empty in the pics
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamax View Post
Go to my for Sale ad they fill up to 720lbs in my boat that's off a truck scale they are empty in the pics
Thanks Thamax, But I decided to go with the Fat Sacs instead. I had a good conversation with Spenser at Wakemakers, which he was very helpfull.

If it poses a problem, I can always move the heater core.

I ended up purchasing 3 #750 fat sacs and 2 tsunami pumps. I cant wait to try it out... once the ice clears
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.