Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redTA View Post
Thoughts and prayers for all who were affected. Now lets go bomb some @$$ holes.
How about if we find out who did it, first? Assuming doesn't help and an Islamic group hasn't claimed this to be theirs, unlike most other bombings. In fact, I heard a report that one group said something to the effect of "We will kill Americans when we get any chance, but this was not our attack". Obviously, this could be their way of trying to gain some space, but I really think this was home-grown.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
mzimme's Avatar
mzimme mzimme is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,851
I heard a good quote from a veteran about this - "Pray all you want, but this will be settled by men with guns".

Really, really, really sad. I've seen some pretty gross pictures that have been documenting this. Whoever is responsible is a sick person. The WSJ is also reporting an additional 5 explosive devices had been found.
__________________
-Mike
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
milkmania's Avatar
milkmania milkmania is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Location: God's blindspot aka Oklahoma
Posts: 9,155
I hate the way the media takes this tragedy and run with it..... There's nothing like portraying and documenting every aspect and flooding the television with it. Don't get me wrong, our safety and security IS compromised.....
But, when a bomb expert comes on the television and says you can google everything you need to know on how to build a bomb, and where to order the detonation devices.... something is wrong!

And in case the perpetrators are wondering what happened with their bomb, they just have to turn on the TV and the media will serve them every bit of info they seek, right at their fingertips.
the media will show them EVERY ASPECT of their bombing.... from the feelings of people directly involved, the surgeons, the first responders, right now this newslady is referring to her 10 year old daughter and how she couldn't sleep last night and wanting to know why this keeps happening.
This guest is saying "you're hearing really really difficult words for a 10 year old to deal with, and there's images floating all over the internet, very graphic images, I've seen a few of them, they're incredibly graphic"

I'm thinking the media and the internet has perpetuated our demise.... years ago when there were bombings in other countries... it came out in the newspaper, and the 5 o'clock and 10 o'clock news....... there wasn't instant notification and 24 hour media saturation, or cell phones providing instant information.

I can just vision the bad guys just sitting in a room rubbing their hands together, DVR'ing everything they can.... The media is showing how the world stopped at that moment and how everyone was directly or indirectly impacted.... how ball games were cancelled, how the power plants went into high alert, heightened security, and how it reminds everyone about 9/11 or the OKC bombing.
and now London Marathon is reviewing their security measures for their upcoming event.

Now they refer to it as "The Boston Bombing"

__________________
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM
milkmania's Avatar
milkmania milkmania is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Location: God's blindspot aka Oklahoma
Posts: 9,155
And if someone is angry, sitting in their basement building a bomb.... The media is encouraging that they will get noticed and make a name in history for themselves....
There are some really messed up people lurking in the shadows, just waiting for an ounce of encouragement!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I hate the way the media takes this tragedy and run with it..... There's nothing like portraying and documenting every aspect and flooding the television with it. Don't get me wrong, our safety and security IS compromised.....
But, when a bomb expert comes on the television and says you can google everything you need to know on how to build a bomb, and where to order the detonation devices.... something is wrong!

And in case the perpetrators are wondering what happened with their bomb, they just have to turn on the TV and the media will serve them every bit of info they seek, right at their fingertips.
the media will show them EVERY ASPECT of their bombing.... from the feelings of people directly involved, the surgeons, the first responders, right now this newslady is referring to her 10 year old daughter and how she couldn't sleep last night and wanting to know why this keeps happening.
This guest is saying "you're hearing really really difficult words for a 10 year old to deal with, and there's images floating all over the internet, very graphic images, I've seen a few of them, they're incredibly graphic"

I'm thinking the media and the internet has perpetuated our demise.... years ago when there were bombings in other countries... it came out in the newspaper, and the 5 o'clock and 10 o'clock news....... there wasn't instant notification and 24 hour media saturation, or cell phones providing instant information.

I can just vision the bad guys just sitting in a room rubbing their hands together, DVR'ing everything they can.... The media is showing how the world stopped at that moment and how everyone was directly or indirectly impacted.... how ball games were cancelled, how the power plants went into high alert, heightened security, and how it reminds everyone about 9/11 or the OKC bombing.
and now London Marathon is reviewing their security measures for their upcoming event.

Now they refer to it as "The Boston Bombing"

TV and other forms of entertainment just give people what they want, whether they decided they want it on their own, or they're impressionable enough that "The man with the kind face on TV told me that I want/need this". Also, when more people watch a channel, that channel can make more M-O-N-E-Y.

Also, people can't stop watching for a car crash, out of morbid curiosity.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
milkmania's Avatar
milkmania milkmania is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Location: God's blindspot aka Oklahoma
Posts: 9,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
TV and other forms of entertainment just give people what they want, whether they decided they want it on their own, or they're impressionable enough that "The man with the kind face on TV told me that I want/need this". Also, when more people watch a channel, that channel can make more M-O-N-E-Y.

Also, people can't stop watching for a car crash, out of morbid curiosity.
ex-wife saturated herself with media coverage over the 9/11 tragedy and made herself sick over it.
__________________
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
And if someone is angry, sitting in their basement building a bomb.... The media is encouraging that they will get noticed and make a name in history for themselves....
There are some really messed up people lurking in the shadows, just waiting for an ounce of encouragement!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a lot of people did and I'm positive that most people are far from being the same person they were before that.

I stand by my comments that "People suck". Glorifying this kind of thing is a major reason for why we're headed toward some really bad times.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,613
The next question is, how will the rest of us pay for this with respect to which civil liberty is next on the chopping block to make us 'safer'? Don't get me wrong, this sucks and I absolutely hate this happened....but how we will pay was my next thought.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
gid's Avatar
gid gid is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Location: up
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
The next question is, how will the rest of us pay for this with respect to which civil liberty is next on the chopping block to make us 'safer'? Don't get me wrong, this sucks and I absolutely hate this happened....but how we will pay was my next thought.
One story said the bomb was 'simple' probably black powder - fuse of some kind and ball bearings (hench most of the damage) anyone can get black powder - for now.
OKC bombing was fertlizer and diesel fuel
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
One story said the bomb was 'simple' probably black powder - fuse of some kind and ball bearings (hench most of the damage) anyone can get black powder - for now.
OKC bombing was fertlizer and diesel fuel
Just off the cuff....that's how we'll pay. They will regulate black powder sales and those that reload their own ammo will not be able to get it. Then they will restrict/regulate ammo sales and they won't have to worry about gun regulations.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.