Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Yes the stripped lug nut will eventually come off, the big tool companies sell "special" sockets that get pounded on that grips the nut and removes it, sometimes that doesn't work and have to get the ol' air hammer out. We're all the lug nuts gorilla tight, maybe the tire mechanic just f-up and stripped the one and didn't wanna get yelled at by his manager and decided not to say anything, as it would be 6 months before it was found . My shop is constantly repairing other "shops" f-ups...

They are probably going to tell you to pound sand, say something like were not responsible for something that happened 8 months ago, and prolly say well that wouldn't have happened if you brought it back for tire rotation, and will look at you oddly for using a 12 point socket on lug nuts.
Highly unlikely. I have bought two sets of tires from them for my personal vehicles. They are right across the street from our office and I send our company vehicles over to them for service when they need it. It is in his BEST interest to keep me happy. Not only that, he said they would take care of it without hesitation when I took it over to them this morning.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Highly unlikely. I have bought two sets of tires from them for my personal vehicles. They are right across the street from our office and I send our company vehicles over to them for service when they need it. It is in his BEST interest to keep me happy. Not only that, he said they would take care of it without hesitation when I took it over to them this morning.
Well there ya go, their taking care of their screw up, good on em.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Well there ya go, their taking care of their screw up, good on em.
I have always said that anyone can make a mistake in the operation of their business, it's how they handle the problem that makes the difference between keeping/creating loyal customers or chasing paying customers to the competition.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I have always said that anyone can make a mistake in the operation of their business, it's how they handle the problem that makes the difference between keeping/creating loyal customers or chasing paying customers to the competition.
That is the route they took.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul