Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Hmm I am surprised you have the panels in there. Must be a late 01. They used aerator pumps mounted to the transom in the center of the boat just below the silent master exhaust in all the 01's so that panel protecting the rings wasn't necessary.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Swat guy,
It's actually an early 2001 but I think the panels are there just to finish off the back of the storage locker to make it all look nice and carpeted because as you said, the 2001 had cartridge style pumps mounted near the drain plug in the back. It's just a flat piece of starboard covered in carpet and secured with a single screw into a block at the bottom. Top is held in by the lip of the top deck. Not real structurally sound so I expect it may get pushed up against the pumps with the 750 bags I'll be running.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 02 X-Star
What about mounting the pumps to the back of the starboard panel? Then you don't have to worry about the fiberglass.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Ended up duplicating the stock mounting locations of the later jabsco pumps mounting position behind the rear carpeted trim panel. There wasnt any mounting pad glassed in so created a aluminum plate that is held in by the boat lifting eyes on both sides. I posted some pictures in a related thread. Ran everything last weekend and works great!