Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Nice boat... Enjoy it!

If I was you, I'd have gotten a trailer... even if you don't use it much. Warranty claims, maintenance (unless you do it yourself), and other odd reasons you'd need to pull the boat out are going to be a huge pain. That hurts resale as well.
You are right in many ways. I have a great salesperson who I have bought a couple of boats from who lets me borrow a trailer if I ever need one (thanks Russ!). I also worked out a deal to cover my warranty services there at my slip.

I have had boats with and without trailers at this specific property, and the local (cheap) storage area is outdoors and the trailer just tends to sit there and degrade.

In a nutshell if I didn't trust and love my dealer I would have been much more reticent to purchase without a trailer.

You also have a great point about resale, but I usually just trade my boats in. It's worth the few thousand dollars I lose by not selling outright for me to avoid the hassle of trailers, pulling it to my house an hour away from lake, going on demo rides with potential buyers etc.. I work too much to waste my free time on that.

The main thing I do miss about not having a trailer is that I can't pull it to my primary residence and tinker on it in the evenings, and rub it with a diaper and touch it and polish it and....

As far as the Bimini. I think Ryan's got your answer there.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Beautiful and insane surf wake! Enjoy, as I'm sure you will.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimper View Post
Thanks for all the kind comments!

Surf wake is with all factory ballast full plus 750lbs in rear port locker and 750lbs under port seat. All plumbed in and hidden though!
Did you dealer do that for you? Any chance of pics of that install? How was it plumbed in? Any adjustments needed for the boat computer? Sorry so many questions but I've got an x30 coming shortly and want it as hassle-free as possible.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pap View Post
Did you dealer do that for you? Any chance of pics of that install? How was it plumbed in? Any adjustments needed for the boat computer? Sorry so many questions but I've got an x30 coming shortly and want it as hassle-free as possible.
Yes, here is what we did. The port rear 750# bag is plumed off the boats factory pump. All the x30 pumps work on a timer system so Russ (dealer) went out with me and we programmed that pump to run like 10 minutes longer to completely fill that bag. The bag under the port seat is hooked to a "super saccer" pump on a switch inside the rear locker.

So my fill procedure is pretty simple. Select surf port on the computer, walk back and flip super saccer switch. You do have to watch the supper saccer bag and manually turn it off and on. But overall it's very fast and simple with everything hidden and no tsunami pumps to fiddle with over the side or sacs on the seats. Now we are pretty big surf nuts so ill probably experiment with some seat sacs and stuff later on.
Look at some of Mike's post (Vman) on here and wakeworld. His x30 is super dialed and he put even bigger sacs in. I may wind up doing that too since my normal crew is a very light wife (thank God) and 4 year old!

I can get you pics this weekend. The boat stays at the lake house while I come back and work during the week.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Was really hoping it would just fill from overflow or something, no extra pumps or steps needed. Wife is resistant to even adding any bags, much less more complexity. But yes would very much like to see your system. One of our complaints with current boat is we have to keep rear lockers empty for space for bag expansion, so we have no storage. Was hoping to get away from that with the new one and is one of our considerations before we make final agreement to take boat home with us.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2012, 5.7
Congrats, beautiful boat
Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimper View Post
Yes, trailer was a loaner for delivery. We have a place with a boat lift in Highland Haven. We are up there nearly every weekend. We surf 90% of the time, and we always do the area between Sunrise beach and Kingsland. We usualy go 9am to noon, let the 4yo nap 2-4pm then go back out till dark. If its windy and not too much boat traffic we surf on up the Colorado arm. Wave and come over if you see us!
will definately keep an eye on the watch for you anytime we are over there. Our home lake is Georgetown since it's only about 5-7 minutes from garage to ramp but we hit LBJ several times a month during the spring/summer/fall but usually stay up in the Kingsland area (up the CO and Llano) but occassionally make a run down the lake to some friends that have a house in Granite Shoals and others a bit closer to the dam (not sure what their subdivision is called?). We can be in the LBJ water at Kingsland from our house in about an hour which is about how long it takes us to get on Travis, so we normally opt for LBJ since both my wife and I grew up on it, Inks and Buchanan (no water now).
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
GREAT Looking combination. How do you like those Wetsounds models? I typically see the rev8's or rev 10s...

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Edit: look forward to seeing more pics of the wake.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottagerGreg View Post
GREAT Looking combination. How do you like those Wetsounds models? I typically see the rev8's or rev 10s...
I can't compare to rev 8-10 because I haven't owned those or had any experience with them. Trey at Hydrotunes described it this way.. The Icon's don't use a "horn" so there is a richer sound quality with somewhat less projection. When he heard that we primarily surfed he said we would enjoy the Icons more. I can only compare them to the JL tower speakers I had on my prior boat the X2. When compared to those they sound much better to my ears. Overall I am super pleased with the sound system. It is clear and loud!!