Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: matrix sorrento 2006 315 mrcruiser
I now remove trailer guide poles when trailering, i simply modified the bolts at the base of pole to accept an R clip, and is a 2 second removal/ refit process, as the guide poles fitted exceed trailering tow widths, btw I'm located in Aus.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012X45 View Post
I know this is an old thread but does the warranty cover rust on the trailer? Mine is a 2012 and it has rust around the tongue, base of the guide poles, and a couple of other small areas. It has never been in salt water. I got the paint code from MC and was just going to use a compound to remove the rust and touch up.

It does make me a little sick that my 1 year old trailer has rust. I was talking to a neighbor at my office who does touch up painting on cars and she suggested spraying WD-40 on the hard to get to areas after washing to repel water and thus help prevent rust.

There's a product out there called Ospho, look it up. You can dilute this stuff 50/50 with water. Spray it on and walk away. Caome back in 10 minutes and rust is GONE. Trust me, it's majic!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1999 330HP Powerslot - 1st MC 1987 ProStar Current 2012 ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
There's a product out there called Ospho, look it up. You can dilute this stuff 50/50 with water. Spray it on and walk away. Caome back in 10 minutes and rust is GONE. Trust me, it's majic!
Interesting! I will check it out. Does it "hurt" the paint?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
I went on Boattrader.com and looked at about 20 new 2013 X30's, and some (2 or 3) actually had the same trailer that you have, though the majority had the newer look. Most had the polished cans as well but a few did have the black ones.

It would be worth asking your dealer about it. I ordered my 2013 in September, got it in February, and I would have lost my mind if the trailer wasnt the new one or the cans were black. Does your X30 have the Pro Package?

Anyone shed any light on this?
Yes, it has the Pro Package. I vaguely remember two different speaker options. The JL cans were supposed to be "tuned" for the speaker. I'm sure that it was a bunch of BS but in the end, MC forgot to add the speakers and the dealer had to install them last week when the boat arrived. I was told that they pulled them off of a 2013 x-25. You guys are now making me wonder if ordering the fiberglass fenders is the problem. On a side note, I wouldn't want the retractable tie downs anyway.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT 1999 ProStar View Post
Interesting! I will check it out. Does it "hurt" the paint?

No it won't hurt the paint. We used it for years on teh shrimp boats when I was growing up. I have used it as well in the oil and gas industry where I now work. We had an offshore work container that got water in it and the floor rusted to a DARK rusty brown. We got the Ospho after it and it was white in about 30 minutes. The guys were like ***?!?!?! It works man, trust me.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1999 330HP Powerslot - 1st MC 1987 ProStar Current 2012 ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
No it won't hurt the paint. We used it for years on teh shrimp boats when I was growing up. I have used it as well in the oil and gas industry where I now work. We had an offshore work container that got water in it and the floor rusted to a DARK rusty brown. We got the Ospho after it and it was white in about 30 minutes. The guys were like ***?!?!?! It works man, trust me.
Cool! Thanks for the info! I will try it!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

definitely does not look like 2013 - they have the word "mastercraft" laser cut and LED backlit at the rear sides of the trailer - don't see that all all on this trailer.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Look at the date it was made. Should be a placard on the trailer. What does it say? Also did you custom order the boat with a red trailer? Not trying to gang up on you, just looks like the dealer slid an older red trailer under your boat instead of a newer 2013 black or white trailer.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2snow22 View Post
Look at the date it was made. Should be a placard on the trailer. What does it say? Also did you custom order the boat with a red trailer? Not trying to gang up on you, just looks like the dealer slid an older red trailer under your boat instead of a newer 2013 black or white trailer.
I'll look at the VIN plate again and check the manufacture/build date. It could be similar with cars as to being built at the end of the year but sold as next years model. We specifically asked for red with fiberglass fenders. I will admit that the entire process was on the MC dealers and MC was painful to say the least. We had to drive 3.5 hours to find a dealer that would actually communicate and had inventory. MC failed to add the BTS windshield and they had to conduct surgery on the boat to make the appropriate change. They also failed to install the speaker cans at the factory. Everybody's response on the trailer has me concerned but I also don't want to drive 3.5 hours to the dealership to have it rectified.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
You are right, can be built in late 2012 as a 2013 model. If it's early 2012, hmmmm......?