Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 205 Prostar LT1
Ballast help 96 205 prostar

Hey looking at getting ballast for my newly acquired 96 205. After taking measurements and getting advice from wakemakers I was looking at getting the fly high jumbo v drive surf sac (1100#) to put in the rear seat area and the fly high center locker rear seat sac (580#) turned on its side for the walkthrough with an elevate turbo ballast pump.

My idea is to keep floor space free and seats free as well. Also would like to keep bags away from my amp in the storage under the observer seat. I don't think I will be filling the rear sac to max capacity to start as my skill level isn't high enough. I was thinking about 800 pounds in the rear 580 in the front to put me at 1380 pounds. Plus at least 2 people in the boat, usually more.

Long term I also want to get about 300 pounds in lead/weight plates, just been searching craigslist to get them at the right time. (Recommendation from a friend for shaping the wake without moving people or bags)

Anything I am missing? Any suggestions? Any advice would be much appreciated. This is my first time weighting a boat and want to get it right.