Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2012, 03:20 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Mc still offers them on their new boats, but OJ no longer offer thems as a retrofit option. The brackets are made in house by MC distributor. I believe the machining ended up being too much for not a ton of demand on the retro kits being offered by OJ. There were a couple of batches produced and when they ran out they ran out. I was looking for a set a bit ago and that's what I was told.
Well, I would guess the only thing different about the current sets and the retro fit stuff is the backing blocks. If someone really wanted a fold down swim step it would be pretty easy to make the blocks.

It's pretty sad that Harold's attachment photos are gone. I bet they would have help anyone trying to make the blocks.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Well, I have come a long way since I first started this thread. I ended up getting the tower legs modified with tower breaks and now I no longer have to remove the top portion of the tower to get it in the boat house. I am pleased with the results, especially for the price. $250 was a cheap fix.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Well, I have come a long way since I first started this thread. I ended up getting the tower legs modified with tower breaks and now I no longer have to remove the top portion of the tower to get it in the boat house. I am pleased with the results, especially for the price. $250 was a cheap fix.

Nice work! Glad it worked out.

Sent from Never Neverland using Tapatalk 2

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Nice .... KUDOS and glad it all worked out Thats a nice cozy home

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Nice .... KUDOS and glad it all worked out Thats a nice cozy home
Cozy is a good word for it. I have been wanting to tear that boat house down and make it slightly longer and twice as wide as our ramp goes around the outside of the boat house as well as being able to pull straight through, (although I never do bc there is stuff behind the boat). Unfortunately, due to building code, If I were to tear it down and rebuild, it has to have the exact same footprint, because it is so close to the water. If I wanted to move it back about 30' from the water's edge, I could in theory make it as large as I want. Maybe one day, but for now I will deal with a nice "cozy" boat house.