Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
4/2/2013 Update: Kitchen cabinets are in.

The carpenters were busy today and got all of the kitchen cabinets set and are now moving on to the bathroom vanities then on to hanging the doors. I will be back in tile-mode tonight getting the shower floor tiled before starting to move up the walls!

Only one pic for now but it is cool to see it at this point.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
The carpenters were busy today and got all of the kitchen cabinets set and are now moving on to the bathroom vanities then on to hanging the doors. I will be back in tile-mode tonight getting the shower floor tiled before starting to move up the walls!

Only one pic for now but it is cool to see it at this point.
Nice "Open" Concept!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Lookin great! You'll be moved in, in no time now!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 PM
MC Devotee

4/4/2013 Update: Windows are getting trimmed.

The carpenters are continuing to make progress and as of today, all of the greatroom windows are now wrapped and trimmed out and the fireplace mantle is in place (will have more pics later but for now here are the ones I took last night). Next up for them will be to hang the doors, trim them out and then move on to baseboards I imagine. This week, the carpenter had his 15 year old son working with him as he was off on spring break and it was amazing to see how talented the boy is......wish I had half of hs skills when it comes to carpentry!

Also, the heavy equipment is back for some rough grading so things should start looking a lot better now outside as well!

Next up for me is to finish tiling the master shower, which will likely take the weekend to do along with a few other things!
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM
MC Devotee

4/8/2013 Update: Grading is done for now.

The rough grading is now done for the most part and the truck for drilling the water well came in on Friday morning so they should be drilling this morning. It is amazing what some grading can do to really bring things together and we are not even done yet as the septic tanks need to go in before we can close-up the ditch coming out from the walkout slider.

As for the interior, I am nearly done with the shower which will round-out the tile work.....for now. I am hoping to finish up tonight, just couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday when the weather outside was nearly 70 and sunny, so the truck got a much needed cleaning!

For now here are a couple of grading pics.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Looking god man! I wish my builder would get after it like your guys are! I'm ready to move in to our place and get out of the lil rental! lol Not sure of your situation but we put our house on the market and it sold in 12 hours.... So we moved into the neighbors rental across the street... about 900 square foot.... gezzzzz

Looking good dude
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
MC Devotee

My builder has been nothing shy of great to work with and the stuff I am handling seems to all have fallen into place without skipping a beat (probably more luck than anything on the last one). My excavators are good friends who are slow thru the winter and early spring so they are able to jump right in when I need things done, for the most part.

As for my situation, we put our current home on the market about 3 weeks ago and have not been as lucky as you. We have had a handful of showings, including one this evening and the market is starting to pickup from what we are told so we will see. At this point, if it were to sell and our house is not ready by the time we need to get out we do have a place to stay otherwise, timing may work our perfect for us to move right into the new place.

Good luck with your building, for me it has been fun and any horro stories have been truly self-inflicted!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Time to get that yard planted before the lake warms up! The spring rains will be here before you know it. I hated blowing straw, it gets stuck everywhere. Maybe your excavator buddy knows a good hydro-seeder for the larger areas.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post

Good luck with your building, for me it has been fun and any horro stories have been truly self-inflicted!

lol
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft Limited 351W slot
Looks great!