Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
I have a lot but the worse....

12 or 13 and decided it would be cool to take my pocket knife and stab into a bulls eye on a dart board- didnt hold the knife tight enough and slide my hands down the blade. My pinky took it the worse cutting all the way to the bone and severing the tendon. Now only the first joint bends. So stupid....
Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
I'm always setting my hammer on the top of the ladder.....not a good idea, but haven't been seriously injured by it yet!
oh yeah ... i had one of those fall on me
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
did that with a Lincoln town car....but I had enough sense to keep my cell phone nearby... BUT, I did not have enough sense to keep it within a foot of my reach

can't say that I crawled away from that one unscratched
well i will share a near miss. I was changing oil on my corvette ... front wheels on ramps but the oil drain plug is on the front of the oil pan so what do you do ... jack up the rear ... i should have used jack stands on the rear ...

The oil filter would not come off so i was yanking it hard ... hard enough for the car to roll back down the ramp ... luckily my cat like reflexes allowed me to roll out of the way before i got squashed ... as the oil bucket did. So there goes the car now rolling out of the garage, back end up on the jack (yes i was stupid and did not use the jackstands that i had to move out of the way to get to the jack) and did i mention the smashed oil bucket ... so there is now 5+ quarts of oil all over the garage floor

Besides humiliating myself (wife and kids came running as i was yelling) i did save $20 on that oil change!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
I got one funny one and one not so funny one .

Tossed out of a car at around 50-70 mph in a drug deal gone bad and run completely over by the car ......still here to tell the story so I am all good. Tore up my shoulder pretty, good fractured some teeth, had crazy road rash and tire marks imprinted in my shins from the bad guys Mercedes S500. Talk about a crazy ride. He is currently in prison for 23yrs for attempt murder to a police officer.

Last year at Disney I was in the "surf wave" pool at Typhoon Lagoon. Didn't realize it was a surf wave pool originally. We got there when park opened. First time there. Have my 7 and 5 yr old girls with me in each arm. They wanna go to the front since they have been in a ton of wave pools already. We are just thinking normal wave pool. Well I hear the bell ring, alarm go off and a WOOOOSH! that sounded like a freight train and here comes a huge I would say 6-8ft surf wave right at us while they are in their innertubes. I freak try and grab them wave hits me and I apparently suffer a double sports hernia doung the splits on the bottom holding on to them. Off for surgery. Their smiles were worth every minute of surgery tho. They loved it

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 06-17-2013, 10:16 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
new one.........worked on the garage all weekend. went to close the door manually and got my finger stuck between 2 panels. Door went all the way down (1000lb 87' wood door). took 13 shots on lidocaine and a dozen stitches.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 sportstar 19
in college, we were punching holes in drywall with our fists, you know a mancho thing. all was going well untill i hit a wall stud by mistake. popped the 5th metacarpal through the skin. have not punched walls since.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
long list for me ...

wood auger bit into the finger ... stitches
snow mobile crash ... partial herniated disk
jumping off my neighbor's dock roof for a flying barefoot start ... severely cut big toe ... stitches
shooting a nail into your finger ... that hurts by the way ...
left a hammer in the roof trusses, heard it fall and looked up ... yep ... used duct tape to pull that gash in my forehead together

HAHAHA im in a college class and that made me bust out laughing!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 PM
MC Master Poster

I used to wonder what it feels like to nick a finger with a router bit. As of February 2003, I don't have to wonder. Left index fingertip, meet brand new tongue bit from my tongue & groove set.

It didn't hurt- it flicked it and the fingertip was numb.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None right now. :(
Shook hands with my snowblower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S4
Attached Images

Last edited by hondaprlud; 06-17-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaprlud View Post
Shook hands with my snowblower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-S4
Ewwwwwwewww

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2