Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Looks very nice!

I have a boat sitting on a galvo trailer that needs some tune up, but another option is trying to buy a double like that.

I like smaller tow rigs and a nice controlled double axle with brakes is definately on the list to have.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Well, after several calls to finally get the order placed, the parts finally showed up. Let's just say keep the order simple and do it online if possible. Because I wanted to swap out the SS mainline for the Poly line, I had to talk to someone in person. After providing my card once (and then he lost it), I called back and had to provide it again. Not a good feeling.

Anyways, I received everything and it was kinda a mixed bag.

I would of thought some of pieces would be the same length but the two long ones (for the axle were different lengths). I just had to be a little creative on the layout.

As a guy operating a my own business, I deal with credit cards often. As soon as I process the order, I destroy the CC number. On the rare occasion, I have to call back for the number again if there was a processing issue or if I fat-fingered the number. I rather err on the side of customer safety and would hope that your order was handled in the same manner.

Nice work on the trailer.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Nice work Jeff!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
As a guy operating a my own business, I deal with credit cards often. As soon as I process the order, I destroy the CC number. On the rare occasion, I have to call back for the number again if there was a processing issue or if I fat-fingered the number. I rather err on the side of customer safety and would hope that your order was handled in the same manner.

Nice work on the trailer.
Ummm, yea. I didn't like to hear after a few days to call back and hear the guy say "he probably lost it so could he get it again". And, if fact, I gave him two cards.....one was a $100 rebate card I wanted to use up and the remaining on my standard, debit card. He lost both numbers. THAT, I didn't like at all.....

He eventually couldn't even get the rebate card to work so I decided to go ahead and get the 4 LED tail lights from SkiDim. Of course, that worked without a hitch and saw it a few days later.

With Pacific Trailer, it literally took a week and a half to get the order placed. I called so many times the guy felt bad and overnighted the parts to me (however when I saw it I didn't see the "free" shipping charge anymore. Saw an additional $14 or so).

Just in time for the snow storm last weekend.

1994 205, LT1
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Ummm, yea. I didn't like to hear after a few days to call back and hear the guy say "he probably lost it so could he get it again". And, if fact, I gave him two cards.....one was a $100 rebate card I wanted to use up and the remaining on my standard, debit card. He lost both numbers. THAT, I didn't like at all.....

He eventually couldn't even get the rebate card to work so I decided to go ahead and get the 4 LED tail lights from SkiDim. Of course, that worked without a hitch and saw it a few days later.

With Pacific Trailer, it literally took a week and a half to get the order placed. I called so many times the guy felt bad and overnighted the parts to me (however when I saw it I didn't see the "free" shipping charge anymore. Saw an additional $14 or so).

Just in time for the snow storm last weekend.
Wow, what an ordeal. I understand your concern.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 wheels of your choice
$529

Old 04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
MC Devotee

OK, update. I got everything on and last weekend tried to bleed the brakes. After loading it up with the synthetic brake fluid and worked the actuator a few times I start to bleed everything. Well, after inspection, it appears that almost all of the connections are leaking!!

Everything was sinched pretty good I thought, but I guess not good enough.

I then went around and tightened down the leaking connections quite a bit....almost more than I should and the majority of them stopped.

I ran the trailer around town and they all seemed to work. Yeah.

Well, I picked up the trailer this weekend and what do I find, a nice big puddle next to the rear wheel! So I guess the connections are still not tight enough!!

What am I doing wrong?!? Is it the stainless steel brake lines being a harder material and require a larger, initial clamping to seat them?!? I just don't know and it's frustrating....

1994 205, LT1
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Your problem is the fact your boat prefers a single axle and its telling you to meet me and trade trailers......

Who flared the stainless fittings. Iirc they should be double flared. Make sure that mate real nice.

Where are we leaking. At the calipers (I noticed you went with discs) or at all fittings. Can you tell what side of the fitting is leaking.

If the mating flange fittings fit nice then slightly over snug should be all you need. Nothing like cranking down on it like you never want it to come free. Use a line wrench and try tightening up a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Your problem is the fact your boat prefers a single axle and its telling you to meet me and trade trailers......

Who flared the stainless fittings. Iirc they should be double flared. Make sure that mate real nice.

Where are we leaking. At the calipers (I noticed you went with discs) or at all fittings. Can you tell what side of the fitting is leaking.

If the mating flange fittings fit nice then slightly over snug should be all you need. Nothing like cranking down on it like you never want it to come free.
It goes against everything my brain tells me about double-flaring all brake lines, but I'm not sure about double-flaring stainless steel brake lines. I looked at a couple sites and got no consensus. I have never dealt with stainless brake lines.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 wheels of your choice
$529

Old 04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
http://www.ehow.com/facts_8068798_si...ne.html#page=0

I double flared my SS brake line and it never has leaked. I also bent and flared all fittings.

Single flare is rarely used in brake line.

Jeff make sure that the mating surfaces are the same angles and fit nice. Not kinda nice or close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 PM
MC Devotee

I think it's got to be the stainless steel and being tempermental.....I guess. The Poly line at the actuator and the Tee is just fine and no leaks. They were tightened to just "snug", nothing more.

Through my research, the SS is flared at a different angle than the standard lines. But I did read that the SS needs to really be done at the "factory" or manufacturer. Basically a little more involve to get the correct flare.

Because all of the fluid drained out of the system already, I'm going to loosen up each of those connections and see what each end looks like (Tee and tubing). Maybe it will tell me a story better if I visually look at it.

I just thought with everything new, it would come together perfectly. Too high of hopes I guess.

1994 205, LT1