Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky-mark View Post
Anybody help? I have been wakeboarding for 10 years now and I have always had CWB Absolute boards. I wakeboard in the sea - usually in choppy water. I did have a Hyperlite Parks a few years ago but found it to be terrible unless the water was glass flat.
So ..... I fancy a new board but I live nowhere near any dealers so I can try boards. So I am stuck with buying off the web mail order. I am looking for something with a similar ride to my Absolute. Handles rough water - grippy edge - nice pop. I'm not an advanced rider - I'm 46 so I doubt I'll ever learn inverts. I just fancy a change. Any suggestions?
You just need to make a visit to a TT'r near a dealer... time to plan a trip... and do some demo rides.. Your 46? time to find the ride board for now... priceless!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 200
I just bought the 2012 Ronix Parks ATR edition, I used to have an older hyperlite parks board but the binding screws got busted out on a hard fall by one of my friends last season. The guys at the shop talked me into this board over the one. Can't tell you how it rides yet b/c my boat is getting ready for the season now, but it looks pretty sweet. Its got a lot of surface area and I think it would work well for any level rider. It definitely doesn't look as tight as his older boards, I used to catch a lot of edges on that hyperlite, but this one looks completely different.