Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
selling seems like a good idea unless you are just that attached to it. You say you have people in IL that you trust, why not leave it with them for the two plus years and let them take care of it? Even if you have to pay to ship it may be worth it

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post

Why the move- are you going on the lam?

Yeah, that's why I'm publicizing it! haha
Nope, just got picked to run a bridge construction project on the North Slope for the next 2 winters...brrrrrrrrrrr and with the better part of 9 months in the office in Anchorage doing planning for the project seemed like a great opportunity to see Alaska. Plus it's a good opportunity career wise as well.

Good idea on the fuel pump and damp rid in the intake. If I was in a dry climate I'd just pinch the fuel line, run 'er out of gas and call it good, but Seattle is FAR from that.
Crap I got a buncha work to do to the boat still.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
selling seems like a good idea unless you are just that attached to it. You say you have people in IL that you trust, why not leave it with them for the two plus years and let them take care of it? Even if you have to pay to ship it may be worth it
Thought's crossed my mind, but between shipping both ways and storage there (neither of my buddies have unoccupied shop space) cost would be in the thousands.
You'll all be the first to know if I gat a wild hair up my arse and throw it up for sale though.

Come to think of it, my shop will easily fit a X15, 25 or 45 and I should come back with some extra cash!!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200- Yamaha Pro-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Thought's crossed my mind, but between shipping both ways and storage there (neither of my buddies have unoccupied shop space) cost would be in the thousands.
You'll all be the first to know if I gat a wild hair up my arse and throw it up for sale though.

Come to think of it, my shop will easily fit a X15, 25 or 45 and I should come back with some extra cash!!
I'll cut you a sweet deal. You can store it in my Garage in Havasu (that dry climate you've been looking for) and I'll run it at least once a month to keep it fresh

All for a minimal charge!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Yeah, that's why I'm publicizing it! haha
Nope, just got picked to run a bridge construction project on the North Slope for the next 2 winters...brrrrrrrrrrr and with the better part of 9 months in the office in Anchorage doing planning for the project seemed like a great opportunity to see Alaska. Plus it's a good opportunity career wise as well.

Good idea on the fuel pump and damp rid in the intake. If I was in a dry climate I'd just pinch the fuel line, run 'er out of gas and call it good, but Seattle is FAR from that.
Crap I got a buncha work to do to the boat still.
Yeah, like I believe the location you show. Right.

You don't want to pinch the fuel lines- the jacket is orange fiberglass, but inside, it has stainless braid and Teflon. OTOH, you could always separate the lines from the fuel rail and pump, blow any gas out and reconnect them. As long as you can purge the pump and fuel rail, you should be fine. The hard lines are stainless.