Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
haha everytime a b******* owner starts to brag about how fast they can go i just say "we should tie 'em up sometime..."... kind of my ode the classic redneck challange of hooking two pickups to one another until someone gets immasculated or partially destroys an otherwise good truck... being that type of mentality is right down the persons alley i'm having the conversation with...

i'm pretty sure he would have only been able to equate those two numbers to skoal prices

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Same basics: fishing and racing

FISHING: Pulling the old X10 thru a residential neighborhood, a guy and his young son are standing by the road. In a nice teaching moment the dad kneels next to his son and says "See that (pointing at the tower)? That's for fishing." I felt my foot move to the brake...

Racing: X10 again. Idling thru a no-wake zone a beat up I/O bow rider with some of Ohio's finest pass going the other way. Next thing I see is them whipping around and plowing bow high (still in NW zone). As I watch them with my 'what an idiot' face on, they pull up along side me and say "hey...you wanna race!?!" Idiot face justified.

Former MC area dealer...so they sold and serviced MC's: Called the service dept to inquire about some parts / service for the X10. The service guy says " that's an outboard, right?" CLICK.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy View Post

FISHING: Pulling the old X10 thru a residential neighborhood, a guy and his young son are standing by the road. In a nice teaching moment the dad kneels next to his son and says "See that (pointing at the tower)? That's for fishing." I felt my foot move to the brake...

Racing: X10 again. Idling thru a no-wake zone a beat up I/O bow rider with some of Ohio's finest pass going the other way. Next thing I see is them whipping around and plowing bow high (still in NW zone). As I watch them with my 'what an idiot' face on, they pull up along side me and say "hey...you wanna race!?!" Idiot face justified.

Former MC area dealer...so they sold and serviced MC's: Called the service dept to inquire about some parts / service for the X10. The service guy says " that's an outboard, right?" CLICK.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:

Best ones in a while!! Thanks!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 ProStar 190
Parked next to another truck with a hitch receiver, both of us returning to our vehicles at the same time…
Him; “What do you tow?”
Me; “A ski boat.”
Him; “Oh, that’s too bad.”
Me; “Hu??...” (My wit is not super fast)
Him; “I pull a camping trailer.”
Me; “Oh, that’s too bad. How do you pull the ski boat then?” (Surprised myself with that one )
…End of conversation
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I've not gotten many comments. Usually, I just get the boring and typical fishing comments.

I'll tell you one thing, wake boats are hated where I boat. Most call them roll bars boats and have extreme disgust toward any boat resemble a wake producing ride. Typically, my boat falls into the category. I usually get the comment as I pull up to the bar like "I bet that boat throws one of those big wakes that will swamp my boat, ruin my dock and kill my first born child". I usually respond that this boat is designed for small wakes and that I hate big wakes more than them. They usually think I am just yanking their chain, so they retreat for another beer.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X7 MCX350
Not boat related but when I was in the Air Force I was asked how, on a Hercules C130, the four propellers were connected to the landing gear wheels to move the aircraft forward!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosysytem0 View Post
Not boat related but when I was in the Air Force I was asked how, on a Hercules C130, the four propellers were connected to the landing gear wheels to move the aircraft forward!
A big chain, right?

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:

I phoned our MC dealer here for tune up parts for my old 91, the parts guy had no idea that it had a 351 in it, kept asking me if I was sure that it wasn't a 350.

MONKEY FACE
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeX2wake View Post
my favorite was an older "gentleman" at a gas station once had an out and out argument with me over the top speed of my boat to which point i had to just walk away. it went something like this:

him: sharp boat there son.
me: thank you, its a fun toy.
him: what kind of motor does that thing have in it.
me: its a 350 indmar. basically same block that's in my truck (2007 5.7L tundra).
him: bet that dude's pretty fast then.
me: haha not really... top speed is about 40.
him: naaaa it'll go faster than that.
me: haha naaa 40 is about it.
him: you're telling me all you can get out of a 350 is 40mph?
me: (growing annoyed with his tone) haha yep... 40 is it for this boat.
him: sounds to me like you don't know how to drive it then.
me: (highly annoyed at this point) i would say i'd love for you to show me how to drive my boat sometime but that would just be a lie.
him: sounds like you need to learn a thing or two about it
me: naa i'm pretty dang sure there's not a thing in this world you could teach me about driving my boat faster but you have a good day.

i probably lost a good opportunity to educated part of the masses about the design and purpose of inboard boats but i felt my efforts would be quickly lost.

Sounds like you ran into my dad... Did he tell you his 81 sea ray went 41-42 with only 170 hp?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...