Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
I believe there's also an in water part to calibrate a few things like pitch and yaw also from what I have been told.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I wasn't talking to my dealer, I called MC directly, my frustration level continues to climb.

Another question I have, is how is the system supposed to perform? If you have extra bags, but only want to run with factory, how do you set the system up? If you do wake full, won't it fill everything? Don't you have to be in wake full mode to have auto launch work?

I currently have my ballast system wired to override the factory, so I let the system fill itself, and then when it says it's full, I flip my switches which hardwire powers the pumps to fill until it's full. My wife only wants to go with factory ballast, so for her, I just let the system work like stock. If I can get the fill times programmed different, how do I get just factory filled and auto launch to still work?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
My bad, I misread your post.

I don't have an answer on why we were told two different stories. I'll look into it over the next couple days, in the mean time perhaps mastercraftdave will have tested.

On the direct wired bypass, if the software permits the piggy backs, you could undo that work around and use the profiles to manage the different amounts of ballast filled/drained per rider. My understanding was that the bag and the hard tank appear as one ballast in the touch screen interface with the latest software and timer config updates. In this case, you'd just setup a profile for your wife to fill the ballast 30-60% depending on the size of the extra ballast bags. All assuming that what I was told was correct.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
@ Kahuna Craft: I have similar info from Wakemakers, having thought through a set of extra pumps and piping they told me explicitly not yet to go ahead with ordering/drilling holes into the hull, since there's going to be a firmware which enables custom timers for piggy backing.

The calibration process involves roll calibration with the boat just sitting level probably best on a trailer, and pitch calibration with driving above 4000RPM for 60seconds in a straight line.

@bcd: as Kahuna described you could set up profiles with around 25% (stock hard tanks) and 100% (tanks and sacs)

The advantage, and the main reason why I want the firmware change is that you keep fill levels in your BIG, unlikely though with a bypass solution.
Main reason why MC might not want it (in the past) is that they're afraid that the people will automatically pump their boats full with 2000lbs of water because of their own faulty sacs/plumbing.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I don't have the BIG screen. I have yet to see documentation explaining how all the settings work for the GDIG screen - ski, wake full, effecient, surf left, surf right, and what each setting does. I know wake full fills the tanks and turns on auto launch. I thought ski would put the attitude plate down and keep it down, but it doesn't. Maybe that's another software glitch.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I don't have the BIG screen. I have yet to see documentation explaining how all the settings work for the GDIG screen
Yes we'll have to find out about that, since there's a friend with an 2012 X2 without BIG and he wants to piggy back too
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Went and drove my boat with the new updates today and it wokred pretty good. My dealer changed the bag sizes for me to 750. It filled the bags completely full and registered on the screen. The bag emptied pretty good but it didnt get it all the way out. The BIG swictched through all of the different screens good and worked all of the functions. Initial test show that the new software is working. My dealer did say that they can now piggy back the systems with the special tool that will allow them to change the revolutions of the pumps.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Amen.

This is great news, thank you very much for sharing this.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Glad this is getting worked out. So many 2012's out there. Anyone have any input on the Murphy Systems?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2012 Ilmor 6.0
Nice to hear. Thanks for the post. Do you know if the settings of pump revolutions can only programed with the update tool from medallion or can you change it by yourself in the BIG or Gdig Display? This would be the best solution for me if you can change it in the screen.
@Stefan That might be a good season if everything work well. Hopefully my starting issue will be solved.