Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Last year in early July my daughter's rear foot came out of the toe plate in some rough water. She's been bothered by it ever since. I kept telling her to ice and stretch it. At the doctors office a couple of weeks ago we were advised that she has an avulsion fracture, and should start physical therapy soon. This week at PT we advised to stop all activities other than stretching until further notcie. Give it about 6 weeks and we'll see if it's getting better, or if they want to discuss surgical options more thourghouly.
FML, though moreso, hers.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
about 20 years ago - I sneezed while walking down the stairs... I was between steps, sneezed, and immediately preceding the sneeze I felt a pain in my lower back like I never felt before... dropped to my butt laid on the stairs... when the pain became bearable I was covered in my own sweat...

I wrenched by back - got a spasm - was out for 2 days.. that was the year I discovered muscle relaxers... ahhhhh

it only took a decade of recurring back spasms to finally get someone to tell me about core strength...

On a good note - note spazzed back on over 10 years.... get some shooting pains occasionally so I know there's something up with the disc... so I work the core and it just hurts sometimes...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
that sucked the door closed. I slammed my fingers in the door. I remember every second of the door trying to suck closed over and over again while my senile mother scrambled in her purse for 2 minutes to find her keys. Dumped it all over the parking lot and then finally realized they were in her jacket. Total time with hand slammed in door was prob 4 minutes.
Quote:
2005 I had a trailer jack give way amd the trailer landed on my foot, breaking all my toes.
Had a jack give on a jeep putting a lift in. I was under the jeep but ALWAYS place the tires under the body as a backup measure. Think I had one tiny bruise but was more butt hurt that I was stuck under the jeep for 30 minutes before my wife got home from the store. I was even more butt hurt when I realized she didn't know how to use a jack.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT "Plum Loco"
This winter we had an ice storm, well I just had to see how bad it really was. With coffee cup in hand I walked to our drive way which sits on a slight slope and managed to slip and fall. I poured the whole cup of coffee on me and bruised my knee. What hurt most was the fact that my 19 year old daughter saw the whole thing and couldn't help due to her laughing so hard.

More stupid stories to follow.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
long list for me ...

wood auger bit into the finger ... stitches
snow mobile crash ... partial herniated disk
jumping off my neighbor's dock roof for a flying barefoot start ... severely cut big toe ... stitches
shooting a nail into your finger ... that hurts by the way ...
left a hammer in the roof trusses, heard it fall and looked up ... yep ... used duct tape to pull that gash in my forehead together
Old 03-19-2013, 12:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I dislocated my finger playing kickball.... $1800 dollars later I realized I could have just popped that sucker back in place myself. Live and learn!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
long list for me ...

jumping off my neighbor's dock roof for a flying barefoot start ... severely cut big toe ... stitches
left a hammer in the roof trusses, heard it fall and looked up ... yep ... used duct tape to pull that gash in my forehead together
I'm always setting my hammer on the top of the ladder.....not a good idea, but haven't been seriously injured by it yet!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
long list for me ...

You need to move to DFW and join our club - you'd be a shoe in for the club's Broken Ski Award!

LOL

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Had a jack give on a jeep putting a lift in. I was under the jeep but ALWAYS place the tires under the body as a backup measure. Think I had one tiny bruise but was more butt hurt that I was stuck under the jeep for 30 minutes before my wife got home from the store. I was even more butt hurt when I realized she didn't know how to use a jack.
did that with a Lincoln town car....but I had enough sense to keep my cell phone nearby... BUT, I did not have enough sense to keep it within a foot of my reach

can't say that I crawled away from that one unscratched

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
When I was stationed in Guam, I was swinging off a rope swing over the only pond on the island,and thought it would be fun to get inverted as I swung out and then dive in. I was successful at that about a dozen times over multiple visits, but it only took one time of hanging on to the rope too long, and diving into a 4' section during the back-swing. It wouldn't have been that bad, except that pond was formed from coral, not mud or sand. I scared off some potential first-timers when I came out of the water with my face covered in blood. It nearly knocked me out, and definitely contorted my neck and spine. I'm lucky it wasn't 3' or less, or it could have been much worse.