Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Ah this is a slippery slope... unfortunately our leaders continue down a path once a gate is open.....
I lecture, I mean talk to, my son all the time about not starting down slippery slopes. Dang kid just keeps on snowboarding...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft 190 1987 351 Indmar
Quote:
Ah this is a slippery slope... unfortunately our leaders continue down a path once a gate is open.....
That's how the crap starts--Slick Willie and others who help start the housing mess under the pretense that everyone needed a house. Most all of us can understand that, but the details is what killed us. What most people don't understand, I guess, is that this isn't about helping anyone except a select few. This is about votes and staying in power and being part of the up and coming ruling class, if history proves it to be correct. Chuck Colson hit the nail on the head years ago when he said we are giving up personal freedoms and benefits for things we think will help us. When in reality we are selling out and the results will not be good. I'm a vet, my son is a Persian Gulf war vet, my father in law 2 combat tours, missing in action for a time, vet of Vietnam. My uncles were WWII vets and one a German POW. This p... me off! So many have given so much and this stuff goes on.

My Dad always drove home the point by telling me that no one owes me anything--I had to get up off my ###and go to work. I have done that all my life and it sure hasn't hurt me but that just doesn't seem to be the model now days. If those interviews Jay Leno does of the people off the street being asked questions about the who, what, when and where events of the world doesn't tell us the story then I don't know what will. Just promise them something for nothing and you get elected and those of us who work pay for it.

Sorry for the rant but this s...Ks!!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I never wanted to live in another country until recently. The problem is, "Which one?".
I recently told my wife, that it may be in our kids best interest to get their education and then move to another country. This place is going to he!! in a hand basket!

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I lecture, I mean talk to, my son all the time about not starting down slippery slopes. Dang kid just keeps on snowboarding...
Doh!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Don View Post
That's how the crap starts--Slick Willie and others who help start the housing mess under the pretense that everyone needed a house. Most all of us can understand that, but the details is what killed us. What most people don't understand, I guess, is that this isn't about helping anyone except a select few. This is about votes and staying in power and being part of the up and coming ruling class, if history proves it to be correct. Chuck Colson hit the nail on the head years ago when he said we are giving up personal freedoms and benefits for things we think will help us. When in reality we are selling out and the results will not be good. I'm a vet, my son is a Persian Gulf war vet, my father in law 2 combat tours, missing in action for a time, vet of Vietnam. My uncles were WWII vets and one a German POW. This p... me off! So many have given so much and this stuff goes on.

My Dad always drove home the point by telling me that no one owes me anything--I had to get up off my ###and go to work. I have done that all my life and it sure hasn't hurt me but that just doesn't seem to be the model now days. If those interviews Jay Leno does of the people off the street being asked questions about the who, what, when and where events of the world doesn't tell us the story then I don't know what will. Just promise them something for nothing and you get elected and those of us who work pay for it.

Sorry for the rant but this s...Ks!!

Roger that!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Thomas Jefferson lived from 1743 to 1826. It's sort of like saying we should still keep defending ourselves with the musket. Unfortunately we live in the day and age where people for enough money can get access to stuff they should not. Just one more tool for defense against the seriously bad people. People want total freedom and then something like 9/11 (pick the event to your liking) happens and then they cry that enough was not done to stop it. How exactly to you find the bad people if you don't go looking? It's not like they have a sign tattooed to their forehead.

Oh, by the way, I have read the constitution, thank you very much/
Your right, we should be allowed to own bazookas if we want to defend ourselves, especially against the government. Why do you think they want to ban AR's and the like? Because they pose a deterrent to the government to control us. We are no match to them if we just have hand-guns and shot-guns.

I would rather face terrorism in the face than have our completely bloated, out of control government snooping around in my bank records or any of my other personal correspondence. They have no right to do so, and we have the 4th Amendment that says,
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
MC Addict

I have to say, I find this thread fascinating. Is snooping in our bank records the tipping point? I would have thought gun control would have been it, but it seems that thread has cooled off even though that threat is still alive, very much alive. The question is, will these schmucks that are bringing this legislation up survive the next election cycle? Will feinstein win the next election (california....I know, I know), will lindsay graham and john mcciain and these other dirt-bags survive another election or are we ready to throw these people out on the streets? Time will tell.....but I like what I am seeing here.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I have to say, I find this thread fascinating. Is snooping in our bank records the tipping point? I would have thought gun control would have been it, but it seems that thread has cooled off even though that threat is still alive, very much alive. The question is, will these schmucks that are bringing this legislation up survive the next election cycle? Will feinstein win the next election (california....I know, I know), will lindsay graham and john mcciain and these other dirt-bags survive another election or are we ready to throw these people out on the streets? Time will tell.....but I like what I am seeing here.
This is a great thread indeed. It's unfortunate that it appears most people don't remember these issues when they vote.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Unfortunately - we in this thread are but a small minority...
Old 03-15-2013, 01:24 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Unfortunately - we in this thread are but a small minority...
Maybe true, but liberty and freedom are popular messages and the movement is growing. Question is, will it grow fast enough to take over? More and more people are getting disgusted with our 'leaders' and are looking for another direction (10% approval rating for congress). I see how many views 'The Ron Paul' thread gets each time I put up a new post. People are waking up....slowly, but waking up nonetheless.