Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft x7, 2006
2006 X7 Fuses

I had a problem with a dashboard switch breaking, the one for the nav lights / instruments.

Could not get a complete replacement here in New Zealand, but did get similar Carlson Tech switch which I took the plastic clip from to replace the broken part on the original 8 spade switch.

When I re-connected up the switch, I think I heard a pop noise and the lights controlled by that switch do not work. Everything else does.

I think I must have connected the switch wrongly. Testing all the wires, there is no current.

Help! Where are the fuses on the X7? I have taken the dashboard off, nothing under there. The user manual is not very helpful.

Cheers
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Hopefully you just tripped a circuit breaker. Your boat shouldn't have any fused switches up at by the driver.

After you double check the wiring on the switch and make sure it is indeed correctly wired. Look for a circuit panel like the one in the below photo. You just push the rubber button cover in to reset the circuit breakers.

If you did hear a pop then I would suggest really looking at the wiring and make sure none of it is burned.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for that. I had already looked at the manual (your pictures above). Trouble is, I cannot see anything that looks like the panel under the dash area! I found 2 possible resets on the end of the side panel (that has the throttle control on it).

Nothing else that looks like the panel above, hence my posting.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 AM
TT Newbie

Breakers Located

After lying in the footwell, head first and feeling around on the the foot wall panel, I found them above and behind the heater on the left hand side.

Thanks for your help.

Tags
fuses, lights