Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
uh... no.

the boat has 2 foot long forks... a 24 footer with the interior room of a 22 footer. I'll agree with the fact that i find the star much, much more comfortable to sit in, but its definitely not a family boat.

comfort may also be a point of view though... i dont find the interior of my buddy's BMW 328xi very comfortable, yet i love the plushness of my tahoe's seats.
In mind* never meant it's a family boat, but it is more comfortable than a g23 for sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Dang. That's a sic boat.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN X-45 View Post
Wonder why no 5 blade? Not needed?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk
With stock + Plug n play + launch plate = boat jumped out of the water, be interesting to see how it handles with more sacs.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Massively disagree. G23 is possibly the ugliest boat ive ever seen. Looks like a beached whale!
Agree, sitting in the water the G23 / G25 do not appeal to me. I will tell you that the Xstar drove much nicer / handle much better while pulling a rider than the G25 did with just stock ballast.

Ive never driven / ridden behind the G23 though
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NA
The problem with the G23, minus how big it is, is that it turns like a bus compared to the Star or most other boats for that matter and is also a gas hog. It uses twice as much fuel as a Star. I understand about price of boats and who cares about price of gas, but that means you have to fill it up twice as much over the season. I don't know about you, but that is the biggest pain.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
I think I'm in the majority in saying MC and CC both screwed up with their latest flagship boats. MC with the X-Star made some questionable style choices particularly in the exaggerated pickle fork extensions plus depending on your point of view either was surpassed or at least lost their advantage in pure wake performance. CC with their G23 made some awesome performance improvements but created a fugly boat that while it produces an awesome wake has some seriously negative handling characteristics and user problems. Both companies also gave their less than perfect boats massive price increases.

Interested to see which company changes first. If neither makes a move, they've both left the market open to Malibu, Tige, etc to step in and take ownership of the dominant wake boat. Don't get me wrong - both boats have an awesome wake, but both come with baggage that should not be present on a $120k boat.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
I think I'm in the majority in saying MC and CC both screwed up with their latest flagship boats. MC with the X-Star made some questionable style choices particularly in the exaggerated pickle fork extensions plus depending on your point of view either was surpassed or at least lost their advantage in pure wake performance. CC with their G23 made some awesome performance improvements but created a fugly boat that while it produces an awesome wake has some seriously negative handling characteristics and user problems. Both companies also gave their less than perfect boats massive price increases.

Interested to see which company changes first. If neither makes a move, they've both left the market open to Malibu, Tige, etc to step in and take ownership of the dominant wake boat. Don't get me wrong - both boats have an awesome wake, but both come with baggage that should not be present on a $120k boat.
That is like saying Lexus and Infinity have left the market open to Kia and Chrysler. How malibu continues to be considered an elite boat baffles me.

Sorry for the threadjack......I just couldn't help myself.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
The problem with the G23, minus how big it is, is that it turns like a bus compared to the Star or most other boats for that matter and is also a gas hog. It uses twice as much fuel as a Star. I understand about price of boats and who cares about price of gas, but that means you have to fill it up twice as much over the season. I don't know about you, but that is the biggest pain.
No offense, but twice the fuel? Come on. I'm guessing you work at a Mastercraft dealer?

Oh wait, tried this on wakeworld too, it seems G23 owners dispelled this "rumor"...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797030
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Dude, 19.5 gph?!!! I'd burn through that in like 2.5 hours of riding?! (In my 15) Bottom line is the g is flat out ugly. I wouldnt care if it burned 2 gph. I wouldn't be caught dead buying one of those. I do like the looks of the 230 for sure. Always have. Not just bashing brands. Id like to see some numbers on the star.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
No offense, but twice the fuel? Come on. I'm guessing you work at a Mastercraft dealer?

Oh wait, tried this on wakeworld too, it seems G23 owners dispelled this "rumor"...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797030

G23 Owners?? That thread seemed like a bunch of G23 nuthuggers, and G23 haters, arguing about what the fuel mileage "could" be..... No factual statements

For what it is worth, the G23, that I spent time in, late this last summer, did not drink 19gph surfing with stock ballast + 3000lbs. We spent an entire afternoon surfing and wakeboarding behind it, and still had enough fuel to cruise around that night. It was probably more like 10-12gph.