Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
How about give us your geographical area instead of "exiled on outboard island" would help with the market value. IE if your're in Hawaii, you're stuck with whatever is available. If you live in Florida, get in the car ad go buy one that isn't all beat up and put a closed cooling kit on it.
WTh is that black crap near the transom? Decal, mold, big bird sh!t, red gel rubbed thru to the black?
Considering my loaded, mint, 150hr, 06 is worth low 40's (maybe $44k to the right person on the right day), I wouldn't pay but maaaaaybe $30k for that boat.
Trailer work: $1500 min prolly more
Vinyl: $5k installed.
Cut n Polish whole boat: $1000min
Ballast pumps will be junk soon if not already from the salt: $1k installed
Cover and Bimini:$1500
Anything else that isn't up to snuff due to saltwater or lack of care: $2k?

That's $12k just off the top of my head. And carpet too you said.
400hrs is nothing if it was taken care of. Could still look like it rolled off the showroom floor.
400hrs of abuse can make it look like a salvage project.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the speaker cans that came with my boat:

The dark marks are where the salt broke through the clear coat and got down to the aluminum underneath. On my speakers once this happens then you can't really polish it out. It's just cosmetic and unless I point it out no one really notices. I haven't had any of the electronics fail because of the previous salt water use. My boat does have zincs on the rudder, shaft and heat exchangers. The salt water boats in 2006 had these upgraded wiring, stainless hardware, built in flush kit and raw water strainer.
Thanks. I'm more convinced that it is water spots now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
How about give us your geographical area instead of "exiled on outboard island" would help with the market value. IE if your're in Hawaii, you're stuck with whatever is available. If you live in Florida, get in the car ad go buy one that isn't all beat up and put a closed cooling kit on it.
WTh is that black crap near the transom? Decal, mold, big bird sh!t, red gel rubbed thru to the black?
Considering my loaded, mint, 150hr, 06 is worth low 40's (maybe $44k to the right person on the right day), I wouldn't pay but maaaaaybe $30k for that boat.
Trailer work: $1500 min prolly more
Vinyl: $5k installed.
Cut n Polish whole boat: $1000min
Ballast pumps will be junk soon if not already from the salt: $1k installed
Cover and Bimini:$1500
Anything else that isn't up to snuff due to saltwater or lack of care: $2k?

That's $12k just off the top of my head. And carpet too you said.
400hrs is nothing if it was taken care of. Could still look like it rolled off the showroom floor.
400hrs of abuse can make it look like a salvage project.
I'm in San Diego. I'd love to buy a boat here in southern CA or in west AZ. I agree with your estimates on the pricing, and am going to consider it. You guys are right inline with what I was thinking about offering.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Thanks. I'm more convinced that it is water spots now.

I'm in San Diego. I'd love to buy a boat here in southern CA or in west AZ. I agree with your estimates on the pricing, and am going to consider it. You guys are right inline with what I was thinking about offering.
Quick CL search, there isn't much of anything Mastercraft for sale in Phx or Vegas, right now anyway.
Doesn't hurt to check into that one, especially if you're looking for a "deal". In my experience, people that don't take good care of their high dollar stuff generally have alot of money, which means you have a better chance of taking it off his hands for a real good price.
Arm yourself with some realistic prices on decent boats, like $40k for a 06 X2 in decent shape, then run down the list of everything you know it needs to be 100% again and shoot the guy an offer. Worst case is he says no.
Being in SD, you're right, the only convienent water is salt, so no point in getting a showroom quality boat just to deteriorate it and lose more value.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-30
$31K at most
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I'm in San Diego.
That's where my boat came from. Somebody in my neck of the woods bought it down in California and hauled it back to Idaho. I really like the salt water series boats. Mine is very easy to winterize. My only complaint is having to suck out the oil since there is no drain hose on the oil pan with the Crusader.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Quick CL search, there isn't much of anything Mastercraft for sale in Phx or Vegas, right now anyway.
Doesn't hurt to check into that one, especially if you're looking for a "deal". In my experience, people that don't take good care of their high dollar stuff generally have alot of money, which means you have a better chance of taking it off his hands for a real good price.
Arm yourself with some realistic prices on decent boats, like $40k for a 06 X2 in decent shape, then run down the list of everything you know it needs to be 100% again and shoot the guy an offer. Worst case is he says no.
Being in SD, you're right, the only convienent water is salt, so no point in getting a showroom quality boat just to deteriorate it and lose more value.
Yeah we really aren't in a hurry. This is more of a want than a need, and our current boat does everything we need it to at the time. It's just the fact that so few inboards come up for market that we are interested in, and even fewer of them are Mastercrafts.

I really hate boating in salt water, which is why I do not do it. My wife asked me if I would continue taking this boat out in salt water, and we pretty much agreed upon no. We did it with several jetskis we had and the boat requires too much time to clean in order to benefit from it.

Thanks everyone for the input!