Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
7.4 Ilmore NICE!! I need a beer now
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X Star, 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
Both boats have great features, but I had to agree with Tristar.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:

Massively disagree. G23 is possibly the ugliest boat ive ever seen. Looks like a beached whale!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:

I disagree as well. (Obviously)

I looked at both of them, back to back. I could not get over how much I hated the interior of the G23. It is so uncomfortable. Straight up seatbacks, square corners, unrounded seatbacks, shallow lower cushions, not nearly as plush....... And no comparison on the exterior looks. The G looks like a barge. (I dont think the star is the best looking boat on the water, but it is way sexier than the G)

With all of that said, the wakes, storage, and engineering behind the G23, are undeniable. It is one hell of a boat. However, for me, there is more to it than that. I wanted comfort and style as well, so I ordered the XStar.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Yea, the Xstar looks sportier, and I get I am not going to change anyone's mind on a MC forum. I would say reserve the whale comments until you see it on the water (looks much better than on land/on a trailer), and definitely reserve the "not comfortable" comments on the interior until you have spent a day on the water.

Either way, it still blows my mind that CC and MC sell every G and Xstar they can build. A lot of dollars for a tow boat...
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Yea, the Xstar looks sportier, and I get I am not going to change anyone's mind on a MC forum. I would say reserve the whale comments until you see it on the water (looks much better than on land/on a trailer), and definitely reserve the "not comfortable" comments on the interior until you have spent a day on the water.

Ironically, I have spent the day in a G23...... on more than one occasion. Looks better on the water, sure. Still not a fan. It is definitely not nearly as comfortable as my X25. I have not spent a day on a 13 XStar, so I couldn't say for sure. However, the interior is very similar to the X25s that I have owned, so, i have high hopes.

I don't mean to bag on the G23, because I love that boat. It has it's advantages over the XStar, and the XStar has its advantages over the G. If my dealer was not so awesome, the choice would have been harder. I might have gone with the G for the surf wake. I stand by my comments though. The looks and comfort were big downers for me. Other than that, I loved everything from bow to stern on the G23.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
I have seen the g on the water. Not sleek or remotely good looking at all. I agree with fourfourty on the interior. The g is a riders boat, with only the wake in mind. The star is more plush for sure and has an amazing wake, but built with family comfort in mind as well.

Last edited by Aric'sX15; 03-04-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
built with family comfort in mind.
uh... no.

the boat has 2 foot long forks... a 24 footer with the interior room of a 22 footer. I'll agree with the fact that i find the star much, much more comfortable to sit in, but its definitely not a family boat.

comfort may also be a point of view though... i dont find the interior of my buddy's BMW 328xi very comfortable, yet i love the plushness of my tahoe's seats.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
uh... no.

the boat has 2 foot long forks... a 24 footer with the interior room of a 22 footer. I'll agree with the fact that i find the star much, much more comfortable to sit in, but its definitely not a family boat.

comfort may also be a point of view though... i dont find the interior of my buddy's BMW 328xi very comfortable, yet i love the plushness of my tahoe's seats.

I agree about the "family boat" statement, although, I am not sure that Aric meant it, how you took it. It is absolutely small inside for a 24' boat, but creature comfort was definitely a major consideration, based on how it is set up, and designed.

I also understand what you mean about how comfort can be a point of view. That being said, the comparison is far beyond a point of view...... Every surface and angle in the G23 is either flat, or a 90* angle. Human bodies are not square. It is not terribly uncomfortable, but has gotta be in the bottom 10% of any boat I have lounged in.....except the helm seat. That was good. The G23 owner, that I went with a few times last year, even said that he wished he could have his SAN 230 interior back. He drooled all over the seats in my X25.... I drooled all over his healm layout, instrumentation, touchscreen setup, lounge volume, wakes, and locker storage.