Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Tristar Racing Tristar Racing is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Boat: 2011 X1
Location: Chicago
Posts: 139
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
1redTA's Avatar
1redTA 1redTA is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 1,091
7.4 Ilmore NICE!! I need a beer now
__________________
1981 MasterCraft
19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 AM
vision's Avatar
vision vision is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: 2008 X Star, 2005 X2
Location: Cary NC, Lake Gaston
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
Both boats have great features, but I had to agree with Tristar.
__________________
2008 X star, 2005 X2
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Aric'sX15's Avatar
Aric'sX15 Aric'sX15 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 85' S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 5,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
Massively disagree. G23 is possibly the ugliest boat ive ever seen. Looks like a beached whale!
__________________
"if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Am I the only person that thinks of a Chrysler K car wagon with the fake wood grain on the side? Not a fan of that combined with the rasta theme...

I looked at both back to back, still would take the G23 in a heart beat over the new Xstar...
I disagree as well. (Obviously)

I looked at both of them, back to back. I could not get over how much I hated the interior of the G23. It is so uncomfortable. Straight up seatbacks, square corners, unrounded seatbacks, shallow lower cushions, not nearly as plush....... And no comparison on the exterior looks. The G looks like a barge. (I dont think the star is the best looking boat on the water, but it is way sexier than the G)

With all of that said, the wakes, storage, and engineering behind the G23, are undeniable. It is one hell of a boat. However, for me, there is more to it than that. I wanted comfort and style as well, so I ordered the XStar.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Tristar Racing Tristar Racing is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Boat: 2011 X1
Location: Chicago
Posts: 139
Yea, the Xstar looks sportier, and I get I am not going to change anyone's mind on a MC forum. I would say reserve the whale comments until you see it on the water (looks much better than on land/on a trailer), and definitely reserve the "not comfortable" comments on the interior until you have spent a day on the water.

Either way, it still blows my mind that CC and MC sell every G and Xstar they can build. A lot of dollars for a tow boat...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Yea, the Xstar looks sportier, and I get I am not going to change anyone's mind on a MC forum. I would say reserve the whale comments until you see it on the water (looks much better than on land/on a trailer), and definitely reserve the "not comfortable" comments on the interior until you have spent a day on the water.

Ironically, I have spent the day in a G23...... on more than one occasion. Looks better on the water, sure. Still not a fan. It is definitely not nearly as comfortable as my X25. I have not spent a day on a 13 XStar, so I couldn't say for sure. However, the interior is very similar to the X25s that I have owned, so, i have high hopes.

I don't mean to bag on the G23, because I love that boat. It has it's advantages over the XStar, and the XStar has its advantages over the G. If my dealer was not so awesome, the choice would have been harder. I might have gone with the G for the surf wake. I stand by my comments though. The looks and comfort were big downers for me. Other than that, I loved everything from bow to stern on the G23.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Aric'sX15's Avatar
Aric'sX15 Aric'sX15 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 85' S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 5,036
I have seen the g on the water. Not sleek or remotely good looking at all. I agree with fourfourty on the interior. The g is a riders boat, with only the wake in mind. The star is more plush for sure and has an amazing wake, but built with family comfort in mind as well.
__________________
"if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Last edited by Aric'sX15; 03-04-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM
willyt's Avatar
willyt willyt is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2009
Boat: ER xstar
Location: high in the middle and round on both ends
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
built with family comfort in mind.
uh... no.

the boat has 2 foot long forks... a 24 footer with the interior room of a 22 footer. I'll agree with the fact that i find the star much, much more comfortable to sit in, but its definitely not a family boat.

comfort may also be a point of view though... i dont find the interior of my buddy's BMW 328xi very comfortable, yet i love the plushness of my tahoe's seats.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
uh... no.

the boat has 2 foot long forks... a 24 footer with the interior room of a 22 footer. I'll agree with the fact that i find the star much, much more comfortable to sit in, but its definitely not a family boat.

comfort may also be a point of view though... i dont find the interior of my buddy's BMW 328xi very comfortable, yet i love the plushness of my tahoe's seats.

I agree about the "family boat" statement, although, I am not sure that Aric meant it, how you took it. It is absolutely small inside for a 24' boat, but creature comfort was definitely a major consideration, based on how it is set up, and designed.

I also understand what you mean about how comfort can be a point of view. That being said, the comparison is far beyond a point of view...... Every surface and angle in the G23 is either flat, or a 90* angle. Human bodies are not square. It is not terribly uncomfortable, but has gotta be in the bottom 10% of any boat I have lounged in.....except the helm seat. That was good. The G23 owner, that I went with a few times last year, even said that he wished he could have his SAN 230 interior back. He drooled all over the seats in my X25.... I drooled all over his healm layout, instrumentation, touchscreen setup, lounge volume, wakes, and locker storage.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.