Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
thats pretty much what im looking for love the silver flake.. Any opinions on the 205's
What are you using the boat for? 190 is obviously hard core slalom. You know this from the current ride you have.

205 will add more space / seating at the sacrifice of ski wake. 92-95 205 will be better for slalom (supposed to be almost like the 190), after that supposed to be not quite as good for slalom but better for wake boarding than the 92-95. Maristar will likely not get a great slalom review.

Many good folks giving advice on this board. Suggest you give more into on what / where / how you intend to use. Price range helps too. Otherwise everyone will guess and suggest away.... Which is fun too.

Just be happy you get a nice long season in Tampa.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: changes every month
Well There is the trouble.. What I really need is Proab A Newer style x-star and salt water series or I just need two different boats lol.. I want The 190 prostar 93 and up "Child hood dream we could never afford one" .. But the space of the 205 for friends, But I live close to the bay and bay areas So Its nice to have something like the bigger x-star to handle bigger waves and be good in salt water areas. Budget is depending but under 15k proab, have seen deals on even up to 2000 prostar 190's for under that. Just waiting on the right deal to catch me also trying to sell my 85 S&S at BAY AREA WATERSPORTS ...
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
190 won't be good at rough water, really a smooth water boat. Depending on how diehard of a slalom skier you are, I wonder if you wouln't do better w/ something besides a newer 190??
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
Well There is the trouble.. What I really need is Proab A Newer style x-star and salt water series or I just need two different boats lol.. I want The 190 prostar 93 and up "Child hood dream we could never afford one" .. But the space of the 205 for friends, But I live close to the bay and bay areas So Its nice to have something like the bigger x-star to handle bigger waves and be good in salt water areas. Budget is depending but under 15k proab, have seen deals on even up to 2000 prostar 190's for under that. Just waiting on the right deal to catch me also trying to sell my 85 S&S at BAY AREA WATERSPORTS ...
This pretty much is confusion. You've talked about a ski boat 190 in the beginning, then open bow 205. OK, that's all in line with one another......then the bomb!

Mention of X-Star, Saltwater and big waves. None of these go along with a 190 or 205 (very flat bottoms on the eras mentioned).

So, are you more after a true waterski boat (dedicated ski boat) or more an all around boat that can handle a lot of people and big waves? Two very different types of boats.....

1994 205, LT1
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: changes every month
Yes I know What i have said ... But there is a difference between my Wants,needs and current budget.. I was just saying in a perfect world the boat would be able to do all this.. but at his time i do not want to afford an 30k boat do i have the means to purchase yes i do but. At this time will keep the money in the bank and stick to my guns on the budget i have set for myself and finding the best mastercraft that will fit most of my needs not ALL. I would not be taking it out in big waves yes but will be taking it out around certain areas in tampa tampa bay... If a flats skiff can make it around in the bigger stuff and i know they can, the master can do it also.. and as far as salt water series that is one of those "i wish it had it on it " thoughts. Dont mind cleaning and flushing after use.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
96+ 205 then. It is taller than the 95 and before model. Better in the bay and you get the open bow over a 190.

You will need to pay attention with waves if you have a lot of weight (people) in the front. I think the 96+ may be better for this too.

Good luck.