Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
I decided to put the hose which will fill/drain the KGB on the starboard side and to mount the related 3 way valve (KGB/bow bags) behind the drivers seat. That way I later can add another pump and use this 3 way valve to either fill the bow bags or another bag (kind of a P&P set-up) in case it takes too long filling KGB and the bow bags with one pump. We will see. I therefore let the old hose which fills/drains KGB in there. In case I need a 4th pump I would use that hose to fill/drain KGB as it was before the upgrade.

I'm now waiting for my order to be shipped. Spencer told me they are waiting for some more valves to be shipped to them.

Regarding the location of the pumps I decided to put them under the silent master mounted horizontally. If there is a leak the water can go downwards into the bilge, originally one pump is mounted vertically with the impeller facing upwards so I don't think this problem occurs very often. Well, there is a risk of flooding them but I'll care about that when it's time to do so.

Picture shows the new hose attached to the KGB. It comes from the 3 way valve which will be mounted behind the drivers seat, goes under the cockpit and from there to the KGB.
Attached Images

Last edited by XStar08; 03-01-2013 at 02:51 PM.