Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X45
Extra Ballast

Just put my new X45 in the lake!! Love it and super excited. Noticed the standard ballast isn't going to cut it and will need rear sacs. I don't have the plug N play and wanted some advice? It's a 2012 and the dealer told me that for this year they don't quite have the auto ballast figured out yet. Apparently its now based on revolutions/gallon vs. minutes/gallon??? Sounded like they were waiting on software update to convert minutes to revolutions or something like that.......

Any suggestions on adding sac and pump? How heavy can I go in the rear lockers? What brand?? Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 07:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC X45 07
I have an 07 x-45. I bought the Fly High system for the X-star. It fits perfect in the storage compartments. I think each rear locker holds a 500lb bag. the front ones are 250lb each. I have the tsunami pump as well which works great. When the bags are filled the wake is big with a nice peak to it!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Just got (today) the fly high piggyback system from Wakemakers for the rear lockers. WM werey were great. Shipped yesterday and got it UPS today. Going out to install it now.
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 07-07-2012, 07:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-45 2008 MCX
+1 on wakemakers. You can go WAY bigger than 500 in the rear lockers for a 45 - I went 750 and have room. I would go 1000 and then just fill as much as you can.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
If you're not opposed to adding extra pumps for your aftermarket ballast, I'd recommend going that route. You will get faster fill times, and right now, getting 2012's w/o PnP to fill aftermarket bags is not very easy. If you have trim tabs (which gets you the Lenco slave module), you can trick the system into thinking you have PnP. Otherwise, you're going to need 15 relays to hardwire fill/empty switches parrallel into the factory system.

Some guys were claiming their dealers told them Mastercraft was working on a fix, but I haven't heard/seen anything yet. The solution is simple - a monitor pick to select fill time/volume. Of course, then you wouldn't have any need to pay for PnP.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
If you're not opposed to adding extra pumps for your aftermarket ballast, I'd recommend going that route. You will get faster fill times, and right now, getting 2012's w/o PnP to fill aftermarket bags is not very easy. If you have trim tabs (which gets you the Lenco slave module), you can trick the system into thinking you have PnP. Otherwise, you're going to need 15 relays to hardwire fill/empty switches parrallel into the factory system.

Some guys were claiming their dealers told them Mastercraft was working on a fix, but I haven't heard/seen anything yet. The solution is simple - a monitor pick to select fill time/volume. Of course, then you wouldn't have any need to pay for PnP.
You can control a pump with just 2 relays.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=40934

I dissected the factory relay system and added a pump to my X30 to fill a surf sack.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-30
I put 750 lbs in each rear locker, piggyback system.

I love it. Just what my x-30 needed.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft,X45, 2006, 8.1L
Put a 750lb sac in each rear and then 1200lbs down the middle to the front. this does make it hard for people to walk around but its worth it when you ride behind your sexy wake!
Attached Images