Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-15...gone, 2014 X-46 Gen2+
Location: middle of Germany, center of Europe (the old world)
We'd probably have to find somebody in the southern U.S. or the southern Hemisphere around this time of year...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft x45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRENT View Post
Is no one running the latest update that is supposed to fix everything?
I went and checked out my boat at the dealer after they had added the new software and everything seemed to work. I didnt get to try the ballast but all of the radio funtions worked and the screeen switched through with no glitches. the PnP ballast even seemed to work alittle bit better. I should get it back soon but initial testing showed that it worked... For now....
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X2
This is good news! Let's hope the ballast is fixed too. I'm about a month away on getting mine back into the water. Excited to have everything working as promised, maybe...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRENT View Post
This is good news! Let's hope the ballast is fixed too. I'm about a month away on getting mine back into the water. Excited to have everything working as promised, maybe...
My PnP ballast switched from tanks to bags and back to tanks just fine. It is my understand that they redid the valaves that switched to bags and used a new mounting spot atleast this is what my dealer said. Also he said that the timers for the bags have been switched to 750 lbs bags. I curiuos to see if this actually works.... There maybe hope...
Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mainship Pilot 30
So on the pnp ballast, it's not just over flow from the hard tanks?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Larson 200 SEI, 2002 X Star, 2012 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
So on the pnp ballast, it's not just over flow from the hard tanks?
Not sure what changed for 2013, but in 2012, no it's not just over flow. For each pump, there is a motor that turns a directional valve to switch between the hard tanks and bags so you only fill/empty one or the other at a time.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
2012 Touchscreen Issues!!!!!

For me, I don't have the PnP bags, I've piggy backed 1100#ers off of the stock rear hard tanks + I added a super sacr to double fill the bigger bags. The overflow connected to the top of these bags feeds to one-way check-valve then to the side of the boat thru-hull.

From what I understand, the extra bags in my scenario will fill using the new 'timer like' adjustment in the new software upgrade.

In 8-9 weeks, I'll post my tests of the new system.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Larson 200 SEI, 2002 X Star, 2012 X-2
I'm getting ready to bring my boat in for the software updates. I had some questions about my boat issues, so I called MC. They told me that the new software updates will not allow the dealer to adjust fill times. He said there were discussions about it, but it was not implemented.

KahunaCraft, has your dealer already installed the update and done this adjustment?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I'm getting ready to bring my boat in for the software updates. I had some questions about my boat issues, so I called MC. They told me that the new software updates will not allow the dealer to adjust fill times. He said there were discussions about it, but it was not implemented.

KahunaCraft, has your dealer already installed the update and done this adjustment?
This is news to me I was told by my dealer that they were now set to the 750 for my rears. However this is coming from the dealer that has had my boat for 3 months and is still some how not finished so im not really sure if it works or not but im crossing my finigers and praying to God that its finished for this weeknd. The weather is in the high 70's here and im ready to be on the water.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
My information came direct from the technical product prime at MC during face to face meeting specifically targeted to address the issues with the software. He gave me the specifics on what I've posted here.

Subsequently, my dealer has installed the piggy backs and is in the middle of the software upgrade. I say in the middle because it is a two step process. Step 1 was to load the software and configuration with additional timing parameters via a tool the dealer has to buy from Medallion through MC, that part has been done (I believe, but don't have 100% confirmation) . Then step 2, where they need to bring the engine up to a certain (3500-4200?) RPM for X (30?) seconds to calibrate. I'm wondering if your dealer just didn't buy the tool.

I'm about 4-5 weeks away from testing, but that will depend on the speed the ice gets out of the lake.