Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Absolutely do not agree...... The Raptor has great power for towing, however, the rear suspension is the most unstable setup that I have ever experienced for towing.

To the OP- A Raptor will tow your boat, and it should do it safely. However, compared to your SD, it will feel very unstable/washy in the rear. Once you get familier with it, it is not so bad. Just be aware that you will need to be more careful with it.

Maybe I'm used to it? Who knows, the roads in Texas are pretty straight. I have not noticed unstable or washy.

Now if you want to ask me about when I towed this same boat ith the 04 lifted Rubicon....Well that was a handful and I would not recomend it to anyone. ( Bought the 2008 Ram to tow with soon after )

The percentage of time driving my truck without a tailer is pretty high though. Longest tow is about 45 mins to Texhoma most weekends and 2.5 hours to Broken Bow, maybe twice a year.

Just my .02 worth. ( also went with Flowmaster 70 series exhaust )
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofast View Post
Maybe I'm used to it? Who knows, the roads in Texas are pretty straight. I have not noticed unstable or washy.

Now if you want to ask me about when I towed this same boat ith the 04 lifted Rubicon....
Could be... I would guess that it is way better than a lifted Rubicon

I am coming from a Denali HD Duramax, which felt 10x as stable as my Raptor. That might be why it feels scary to me...... The truck I had before was made for towing.