Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Are you buying from Texas Mastercraft?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X-30
when i ordered my 30, they came back annd said they werent goin to put tabs on it, adding there wasnt enough benefit, to them. ended up with heater instead. love my 6.2. if you can, get it and dont look back..jmo
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

If you're getting the 6.2 for a $3000 upcharge then I just got robbed.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30 6.0L Red w/Silver Flake
I agree with what is being said. I was told that the 6.2 was a 5-6K upgrade over the 6.0. For 3K I would do it. Not because the 6.0 is not plenty, but just wanting to go with the newer, sexy technology.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I got some black in my boat, but I live in Iowa. It doesn't get as hot as other black upholstery (I side by side compared it to a new Malibu), but it still gets hot. If I lived in TX, I would not get it on my boat.

Did you get a quote for trade in on your X1. If TX is like IA, you won't get taxed on the trade in value. I got a pretty good trade in value when I bought. I would have needed to sell it privately for 5% more to offset the sales tax difference. I might have been able to get slightly more than the 5% difference, but it was nice to not have to worry about selling it too quickly and going w/o a boat until the new one arrived.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZX45OD View Post
I agree with what is being said. I was told that the 6.2 was a 5-6K upgrade over the 6.0. For 3K I would do it. Not because the 6.0 is not plenty, but just wanting to go with the newer, sexy technology.
It is funny. We have been over this before. When I was quoted for my 2012, it was a $3400.00 difference in real dollars..... I think the MSRP difference was $4500 or $4700ish. (About 7k more than the 5.7l) I can't remember exactly. And then, some of the guys who were ordering 13s, said it was a $6k difference!! For 6k, I would have ordered my '12 with a 6.0l. Being as it was $3400, I went with the 6.2l. Although, who knows, I ordered a 7.4l in my new boat, and certainly didn't need it. That motor is 10k over the 5.7 in real dollars. I think the MSRP over the 5.7 was 14k

The new star is pretty heavy, and I didn't want to go backwards on lbs/hp. Probably a waste of money though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZX45OD View Post
From a towboat standpoint, the 6.0 will rip you out of the water just as well. You will simply lose 7-10MPH on the top end, is all. An X30 with a 6.2l will likely do 50mph, and probably 42-43mph with a 6.0l. Most inboard owners wouldn't care about that at all. The fuel mileage is nice in the 6.2l..... But you are right. 6k is not worth it.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X1
I went back and reviewed what I'm being quoted and it's actually $3,500 more.. I know my dealer is trying to retain my business so I feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal. Got caught up in the whole cash rewards debacle, and had my fair share of service issues, so I've priced out a Nautique 230 and given MasterCraft the chance to earn back my business with a great deal.

I will definitely do an "in and out" when I sell my X-1... definitely want to save 6.25% and dealership will give me 30 days to get that done while my boat is on order..

I'll stay away from back.. probably will do grey's and white interior..

still not sure on the surf tabs!

thx for all the replies!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethewolf View Post
I went back and reviewed what I'm being quoted and it's actually $3,500 more.. I know my dealer is trying to retain my business so I feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal. Got caught up in the whole cash rewards debacle, and had my fair share of service issues, so I've priced out a Nautique 230 and given MasterCraft the chance to earn back my business with a great deal.

I will definitely do an "in and out" when I sell my X-1... definitely want to save 6.25% and dealership will give me 30 days to get that done while my boat is on order..

thx for all the replies!
I rode a 230 in one of my colligate wake tournaments. Worst stock ballast wake I've ever ridden. Im no pro, but when i loaded the line, it would roll and the wake would wash out like crazy. Don't like the crazy graphics either. Id take an x1 over a 230 any day of the week, and twice on sunday. If you are ordering from tx mc, I almost took that x-30 build date for mid april! cant sell our dang house though. Good luck with your decision!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-30
Where are you in Texas? I just ordered an X30 through a great guy who my boat buying has followed from San Marcus to Austin. Are you primarily surfing or wake boarding?
Either way you do not need the surf tabs, but you do want the attitude adjustment plate. I am a huge surf nut, and have been behind tons of boats surfing. You will love the surf wake!
In my opinion there is really no reason to pay for the bigger engine. I test drove the x30 with the base engine and Acme prop and it had tons of power.
You also may want to carefully evaluate your stereo options for just a little bit more money you can get Hydrotunes to put a much better sounding system in. Essentially you order the boat with no tower speakers but with the sub. They will throw in a couple of amps, Wetsounds tower speakers and another sub for only about 3k more than you would have payed for the metal tower cans.

Last edited by Kimper; 02-26-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethewolf View Post

thx for all the replies!
Out of curiousity where you the guy up at Ski Ranch on Saturday looking at the 30 and trying to decide on interior color schemes? I believe you had built a 30 that had the same color scheme as the X10 on the floor? If so small world, i was the guy running around waiting for some work to be done on my wakeboard, I had my son who was a little 22 month old blond kid that kep wanting to get in all the boats.

Tags
x30