Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I was wondering the exact same thing. I had a hard time trying to find the cost new, but used nada guides and it came up with $53,769.00. Not sure if that is correct, but maybe. Like I said, I don't know anything about Correct Craft's boats.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
If they don't budge on price the SAN is a better deal IMO if you have a couple thou more to spend, and more useable space I believe.
X1 with 400 hrs base engine and few options is low 30s not 35+.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
MC Maniac

If you can do the work yourself and don't mind shopping for deals you can have an ear splitting tower spkr setup for about $1500 in gear.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Funny you should mention that, I actually have, brand new in-the-box, 2 Wetsounds Rev 8's, a WS Syn4 amp, a WS 420 eq, and a WS HT4 amp, that I picked up over parts of the Winter, that I was going to install on my '90 Tristar. Yesterday, I went to the MC dealer to look around after I went to that Nautique dealer. They had several sweet, brand new way-out-of my price range boats there. I was talking to the sales guy, and he said he has a 2004 X2 coming in in about a week for trade, with only 100 hours on it. Claimed the owner just never had time to use it, so it is in storage. Asking price was $35000. He did not know anything else about it, not even the color. But, I am actually holding out for that to see how it is equipped and the overall condition. I am still super loyal to the MC brand.....The X2 with that hull is just like that X1 I was looking at, so....we shall see
Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Honestly, mid 30's for an '08 isn't bad. I have seen the older X2s go for that much. It doesn't sound like you have to have this boat though, so pass. Time will tell if the price is market correct if its gone in a week or two.

As a Nautique guy, I would pass on the 211. Not great resale on that thing, and the interior has an odd setup. It is a cross over, not a dedicated wakeboard style boat.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=52832

^ Nice X-1 in this thread for sale
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=52829

^ A red one here for sale.....this one has 4 tower speakers! Another clean well cared for MC!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
i have a good friend who bought a brand new 07 sv211 in 08 and paid around upper $50's. It did have a very custom trailer that came with it that was suppose to be around $8K for just the trailers.

while it did a lot of things good as a crossover boat it didn't do excel at any one thing.

also like someone said seating was very limited and strange and the seats sit so low to the floor.

Last edited by ttu; 02-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Funny, I started looking around for a new boat, and all of a sudden, they start to pop up just like mushrooms on my lawn....There was supposed to be an X10 on the lot at the MC dealer, but it sold. Yesterday, the sales guy, said, oh, there will be another one along for sale tommorow....

That Nautique was nice, and the wife liked it very much, but I (after much research) am looking for an X1/X2/205V with that classic hull that everyone raves about. It isn't too big, so it's easy to tow up and down the hills on the freeway here in WA, and it puts out one of the best wakes you can get. I realize that a lot of people transition to a bigger boat, stating that the X2 is a little tight on space. But, coming from a closed bow Tristar Sport, everything has more room than that thing....Oh trust me, I am carefully looking at 2 different X2's, and now these 2 X1's for sale today.....I like options
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
MC Maniac

It's still early in the year so wait for the "right" one. Lotsa low hrs boats here in the PNW, short season and alot of people with $ to burn on toys.
If you're dead set on a X1/205V, give that dk blue one in IL a hard look. Gorgeous boat. Yeah it's a long ways away, but dang it's niiiice if you want a dark solid color boat.
FWIW, the dark colors are nice up here. Down south where it gets hot I would not have been looking for a black boat like the one I have, but I've had this X2 in the CO mtns and now up here and more often than not it is NOT very warm out, but the dark gel inside helps, especially if you remove the carpet, even on a cool day the floor is warm, almost hot. Nice on the feet after getting out of the cold water.
Also if you buy one with MC tower speakers, if you swap for your WS speakers, you can get a decent price for the MC ones. You'll need your amp(s) though if the boat has the stock JL amp(s) as they are way underpowered typically.