Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Moving from Orlando to Knoxville area

My wife has been commuting for the past year to Knoxville with Covenant Health, we have decided to move this summer. I can work anywhere so I have a job .

We are looking in the Farragut area which would be close to her work. Any locals who could share some info on schools, area's to avoid living etc would be appreciated. We will be up at the end of March to look at schools and housing. We decided to rent a home for awhile before investing completely.

Looking forward to the wonderful lakes in the area!! Everything I read says its a wonderful area to live.......I am not 100% sold due to the cold!!!! If anyone is from the Farragut area, do you have a Pop Warner Football team? I can't seem to find any information.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
Here are two links about the elementary and middle school system,

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindivp...year_2006.html

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindivp...year_2006.html

Overall a very nice place to live, it's a suburb of Knoxville. Plenty of good skiing close by! The area is patrolled by the Knox County Sheriffs Office:

http://www.knoxsheriff.org/
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 96 PS205
Lived in Farragut for the past 6+ years----LOVE IT!!! I can't help with the football team. The schools are all good. My kids go to the private school at our church, but the public schools are ranked well in the state. The best part as far as water go's is that there is awesome access every direction you go!! I have a choice of 4 lakes that are under 30 mins away--louden, Melton hill, tellico, watts Barr----all giant bodies of water. There are 3 more under an hour, Douglas, Cherokee, and Norris.... Several more giants within a 2 hr haul--- Put it this way---in 3 seasons we have yet to get to all of them and we love to take the rv and camp with the boat. Last summer I timed how long it took to get to the closest ramp, launch, and run to a great cove to ski--stopped the watch when I was ready to tell the wife to "hit it"---16 minutes (I did have the trailer hooked to truck already---add 3-4 mins) I figure the only way to beat that is having a place on the lake and a lift----
You will find an area called "turkey creek" and there is likely nothing you couldn't find there for shopping or dining---everything is there!! There is a good MC dealer here and the factory is 40 mins down the road---
My wife's best buddy is a realtor PM me if you have any questions or would want me to hook you up with her...
We moved from Colorado and don't miss it at all. The access to I-40, 75, and 81 makes it a great "hub" to getting places by auto.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
We're gonna miss ya, sorry we never had the chance to hook up.
I know a couple of footers in Knoxville, Maryville and Vonore areas if your interested ...
Good luck w/ the move

Here's a little something for you, from home.
Attached Images

(865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
atlfootr

Last edited by atlfootr; 02-07-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
MC Fanatic

I appreciate the information so far, Thanks!

Pretty sure we will be in the Farragut area, depending on available home rentals. We have time and will start a lease in April if needed in order to secure the home.

Looking forward to the summer months. We have a floating house rental secured for the week of the 4th @ Norris. I have skied on Tellico back when visiting the MC factory in late 90's and early 2000's. We are both originally from Indianapolis area and grew up @ Dale Hollow and Cumberland in the summers. It will be nice to ski in clear alligator free water again!! Look forward to camping again with the boat.....We enjoyed sitting up late with the campfire....Not really an option down here.

Winter months.....I am not sold on yet. I am told its not that bad but that is relative....It's almost 80 today!

Football.....I found information on a Knoxville league that sounds a lot like Pop Warner....but no Pop Warner information.

It will take some time to adjust, luckily we will have a full summer before winter Look forward to meeting some new MasterCraft owners.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Everything is coming together, we will be in our new home at the end of April. Thank you for all the advice and pm's. Now we will be looking forward to meeting some new MasterCraft friends. We will be about 10 minutes from the Concord boat ramp/marina.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
The Concord Marina is very nice. We look forward to seeing you out on the water.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritt View Post
It will be nice to ski in clear alligator free water again!!
Currently not really an option down here.
Come on Stritt are you kidd'n me?
And give up your chances on losing one of these .... it's never a problem as long as you ski on a empty stomach
Enjoy your new H2o's.
Attached Images

(865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
atlfootr

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
MC Fanatic

We decided to live in the Farragut area, south of Turkey Creek. House will be finished April 27th and be moving that weekend. Anyone use the Fox Marina ramp? That ramp is less than a mile away. Concord ramp will be about 4 miles away.

Looking forward to the move and hope to meet some new MC friends.

Atl skier.....luckily in the 10+ years living here we never had any issues.....we have seen our share but they all take off never to be seen again. Enjoy the chain of lakes and hope they get back to normal pool soon.