Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
KeelGuard

Took the Keel Guard out of packaging, positioned the boat for install, looked at it, went and worked on other stuff, looked at it again, and decided not to do it today.... Just not sure I can do it.

cj
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced190 View Post
Rockman, where did you get the replacement slat? I have a slat missing on my 96 190? Thanks
I got it from Teak World.

Here is their email address: teakworld@hughes.net

I just emailed them with a picture of the platform and where the broken slat is and what year boat, etc.

You can either send them a check and they will UPS out the slat or they can do a COD to your location.

They were really nice people to work with.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 190
1993 190......yesterday I finished rebuilding the 4160 carb and re-installed it, replaced thermostat & gasket (seemed to be stuck open last season...temp running aroud 120 all the time), and replaced the fuel filter......

Now I'm just waiting for a nice weekend day when I can take it out of the garage and start her up......I hope I didn't screw anything up with the carb and she runs good. It did appear that the power valve was broken, so I'm thinking it should run much better this season (even though it seemed to run just fine last year....)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDaddy View Post
1993 190......yesterday I finished rebuilding the 4160 carb and re-installed it, replaced thermostat & gasket (seemed to be stuck open last season...temp running aroud 120 all the time), and replaced the fuel filter......

Now I'm just waiting for a nice weekend day when I can take it out of the garage and start her up......I hope I didn't screw anything up with the carb and she runs good. It did appear that the power valve was broken, so I'm thinking it should run much better this season (even though it seemed to run just fine last year....)
If the power valve was blown it runs extremely rich and you get some black smoke coming out the exhaust and some soot on the transom. You can check if the power valve is blown by holding the hex end in one and and trying to turn the rubber part. If it turns the valve is bad.

Make sure your choke is completely open within a couple minutes of start-up. If the choke blade is closed much at all it will give you too rich a condition, causing the engine to stumble and be less responsive than it should be.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Well, I finally had a little time in between other projects to get under the boat and do a little sanding and gel coating. I bought some color match stuff and matched as well as I could. I also thought that it would not matter as much given that it is on the bottom of the hull. I may end up putting a keel guard on it anyway. So far, I have gotten as far as sanding and applying the gel. I will try to get into some sanding tonight.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
MC Maniac

Well, with my little guy home sick today with strep, I had the opportunity to fix the broken slat in my platform.

I was kinda putting this off as I was not sure the best way to get the bend in the slat I received from TeakWorld. I did not want to crack it when forcing it in between the grooves but it was not that bad...

I removed the broken slats, installed one end in the grove and slowly bent the new slat by hand, marked the ends to cut, leaving a little overhang to trim to fit and sand and that was it.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Looks good, John! I had no idea it was that easy. Were the slats screwed and glued in?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Maniac

I had the old 190 platform that we used for a bar table in the basement and when I cut the platform to fit flush against the wall, I had a nice piece left over that I just kept and put on top of the table near the wall...

With 2 easy cuts on the miter saw, just saved myself $175 by not having to buy a new transom saver!
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Wakesetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Well, with my little guy home sick today with strep, I had the opportunity to fix the broken slat in my platform.

I was kinda putting this off as I was not sure the best way to get the bend in the slat I received from TeakWorld. I did not want to crack it when forcing it in between the grooves but it was not that bad...

I removed the broken slats, installed one end in the grove and slowly bent the new slat by hand, marked the ends to cut, leaving a little overhang to trim to fit and sand and that was it.
Looks great, but you need to remove the middle area for the outboard!

Apparently you bought a new boat.... Do you still have the BF200?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
I'm sure your platform feels much better. Hope the little feels better soon too.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com