Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: changes every month
Maybe itll work Replace one 85 S&S speedo with circular radio

hey I have seen some of the clairon or other brand "circular"or round type "head" units installed on here and would any one suggest putting this possibly in the one of the two speedo holes on the dash for this year of boat ???? to dumb .. or not good to take one of the speedos out ??? just thinking it might be a little cleaner... or just replace the unit in the old slot under the rear mirror in the holder. ?? any pics of what people have done would be great.. dont need banging sound just better than it is and something to hear while hangin out
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
hey I have seen some of the clairon or other brand "circular"or round type "head" units installed on here and would any one suggest putting this possibly in the one of the two speedo holes on the dash for this year of boat ???? to dumb .. or not good to take one of the speedos out ??? just thinking it might be a little cleaner... or just replace the unit in the old slot under the rear mirror in the holder. ?? any pics of what people have done would be great.. dont need banging sound just better than it is and something to hear while hangin out
I put this in my 1987 PS 190. I think it's smaller than the speedo though.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51274
Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I'm a bit of an old fuddie duddie, but I think there is only one thing you should replace a nice Airguide speedo with.

It's your boat to do with as you wish, of course. But if you are ever thinking about selling it, I'd say that does not help the value. A nice mount for a remote is a good thing, but the speedos are useful instruments.

JVC stereos have wireless remotes that attach to the keychain. We use that and it works great. You can also put it on a lanyard near the back seat to change tracks from the swim platform (no drilling holes in the transom necessary). It has worked for us. Food for thought.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I'm a bit of an old fuddie duddie, but I think there is only one thing you should replace a nice Airguide speedo with.

It's your boat to do with as you wish, of course. But if you are ever thinking about selling it, I'd say that does not help the value. A nice mount for a remote is a good thing, but the speedos are useful instruments.

JVC stereos have wireless remotes that attach to the keychain. We use that and it works great. You can also put it on a lanyard near the back seat to change tracks from the swim platform (no drilling holes in the transom necessary). It has worked for us. Food for thought.
I guess agreeing with you Doug also puts me in the old fuddie duddie class as well.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I'm only old in spirit.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Basically a curmudgeon at heart as well.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I'm in that club too...glad I am not alone..