Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1993
TBI Assy

TBI assy now rebuilt with new the injectors.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthing skier View Post
TBI assy now rebuilt with new the injectors.
That looks a little better.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
That looks alot better. Way to go......
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Wiring question

Hello All

I am still waiting on the block ,so I have been going through the dash wiring .
I have found behind the ignition switch panel 2 relays which do not look original,

It looks like 1 relay has been used to power the pink wire which feeds most of the gauges
, I have taken the relay out of the circuit and powered the gauges etc direct from the acc feed from the ignition switch, surely there is not enough current draw to warrant using a relay ?.

The other relay has been wired into the lanyard safety switch , again I cannot see the use for this relay , does any have a diagram for the lanyard circuit .

thanks

Kevin
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
wow outstanding job....
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Safety kill switch

Hi

Does anyone have a diagram showing where the safety kill switch breaks into .

thanks

Kevin
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf wire diagram.pdf (1.04 MB, 110 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 08:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthing skier View Post
Hi

Does anyone have a diagram showing where the safety kill switch breaks into .

thanks

Kevin
Okay, I went out to the boat and took my ('96) dash apart to see if I could find some answers for you.

On the back of the lanyard switch two purple wires come out and go into a small (pencil sized) loom. This loom goes up to the dash behind the speedometers. One of the purple wires goes down to the ignition switch and the other purple wire takes a 180 degree turn and goes into the large loom that heads for the engine. I looked at the ecm and found a purple wire there. No relays are behind my ignition switch.

It looks like the best way to bypass the lanyard switch would be to take the wire going into the bigger loom and connect it to the ignition switch.

If you have any questions, let me know soon while I still have it apart.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Re: Grounding the fuel filler.

This is the text that I snagged off here many moons ago:

No. 2005.APR05.SB-004
SUBJECT: Fuel Fill Ground Wires

In a joint effort, the U.S. Coast Guard, ABYC, NMMA and MasterCraft have recently re-examined the standards re-guarding the bonding of plastic fuel fills with metallic caps and retaining chains. This review is a result of MasterCraft’s discovery that, under certain conditions, an electrostatic discharge can cause a spark during fueling, which could ignite fuel vapors. This finding was recently confirmed in a study performed by IMANNA Laboratories, which showed that if the boat is not in the water, and a land-based fuel pump nozzle comes into contact with or in close proximity to the metallic components of the fuel fill assembly, the connection of the metallic retaining chain and cap of the plastic fuel fill assembly to the boat’s bonding system may create an electrostatic discharge and a spark. This condition does not exist when the boat is in the water, due to the equalization of the ground potentials between the fuel pump nozzle and the boat’s bonding system.

While the chances of ignition of fuel or vapors is unlikely, because of the potential for serious injury if fire or explosion were to occur, MasterCraft, the U.S. Coast Guard, ABYC and NMMA all agree that new and existing installations of this type of fuel fill assembly SHOULD NOT INCLUDE any attachment to the boat’s bonding system. For boats with this type of fuel fill assembly, which are connected via a ground wire to the boat’s bonding sys-tem, such connections should be removed as described herein. However, please note that this directive applies only to PLAS-TIC fuel fill assemblies with metallic caps and retaining chains; the U.S. Coast Guard and ABYC standards still require that any ALL-METALLIC fuel fills continue to be bonded.

Please be advised that all MasterCraft boats (all mod-els) manufactured from the 1999 model year through the present contain plastic fuel fill assemblies with metallic caps and retaining chains manufactured by Perko, Inc., as shown here, and therefore require the corrective action described in this Service Bulletin. However, beginning with Serial Num-ber MBCNLHG3A505, MasterCraft has altered its manufacturing process in accordance with the change in standards by the U.S. Coast Guard and ABYC to no longer attach a grounding wire from the plastic Perko fuel fill assembly to the boat’s bonding system.

The purpose of this Service Bulletin is to direct you to disconnect the ground wire of the fuel fill assembly on all affected MasterCraft boats in accordance with the procedures outlined below. Please note that other than the ground wire itself, removal of the metallic components of the fuel fill assembly is not necessary. This action should be performed at the first available opportunity on all affected boats in your inventory and/or which are brought in for service by customers regardless of the type of service work performed or whether specifically requested by the customer. For further information regarding this issue, you are encouraged to visitwww.uscgboating.com.

PROCEDURE:

Step 1: Locate the fuel fill assembly from inside the hull. Please note that some boat models have two fuel fills, and on those boats, this procedure must be performed on both fuel fills.

Step 2: Locate the green or green-and-yellow-striped ground wire, which is attached to the fuel fill assembly by a small bolt and nut. Use wire cutters to cut the ground wire as close as possible to the plastic fuel fill. Next, follow the ground wire away from the fuel fill and cut the ground wire again as far away as possible from the fuel fill. Remove and discard the piece of ground wire that was cut away to ensure that the consumer will not be able to reattach the ground wire (under the mistaken belief that it should be attached).
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
Re: Grounding the fuel filler.

No. 2005.APR05.SB-004
SUBJECT: Fuel Fill Ground Wires

However, please note that this directive applies only to PLAS-TIC fuel fill assemblies with metallic caps and retaining chains; the U.S. Coast Guard and ABYC standards still require that any ALL-METALLIC fuel fills continue to be bonded.

Please be advised that all MasterCraft boats (all mod-els) manufactured from the 1999 model year through the present contain plastic fuel fill assemblies with metallic caps and retaining chains manufactured by Perko, Inc., as shown here, and therefore require the corrective action described in this Service Bulletin. However, beginning with Serial Num-ber MBCNLHG3A505, MasterCraft has altered its manufacturing process in accordance with the change in standards by the U.S. Coast Guard and ABYC to no longer attach a grounding wire from the plastic Perko fuel fill assembly to the boat’s bonding system.
So by those instructions, pre-'99 boats which have metal filler necks should keep the green grounding wire, correct?