Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
frankster66's Avatar
frankster66 frankster66 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Michigan
Posts: 91
Need advice on replacing old receiver

Looking to spend some birthday money.

I bought 4 Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers for the cabin area, I donít have a tower.

Now I'm looking for a receiver, I was thinking of the Clarion M309. What I want out of the receiver is it to play my I-pod, or I-phone, thatís were all my tunes are! I what it to fit in the same foot print as my old receiver Alpine CDEĖ9842.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks in advanceÖ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankster66 View Post
Looking to spend some birthday money.

I bought 4 Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers for the cabin area, I don’t have a tower.

Now I'm looking for a receiver, I was thinking of the Clarion M309. What I want out of the receiver is it to play my I-pod, or I-phone, that’s were all my tunes are! I what it to fit in the same foot print as my old receiver Alpine CDE–9842.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks in advance…
I have the same speaker setup in a 93 and just installed the Clarion M309. I run the speakers through an external amp but regardless, the 309 was the best bang for my buck. I like tunes when floating. Otherwise, ski time is for skiing...It is a single DIN chasis and will fit right in the same compartment.

If you're using the preamp in the head unit, it will run the speakers OK, but to get maximum output from the speakers, you'll need an external amp. However, for your needs (similar to mine) the M309 will serve you well. I just happened to have an extra amp or I'd have settled for the preamp output.

USB port, FM / MP3 / CD / iPod is all I need

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...%5BIgnore%5D=1

or look on Amazon.

.

.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
frankster66's Avatar
frankster66 frankster66 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Michigan
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I have the same speaker setup in a 93 and just installed the Clarion M309. I run the speakers through an external amp but regardless, the 309 was the best bang for my buck. I like tunes when floating. Otherwise, ski time is for skiing...It is a single DIN chasis and will fit right in the same compartment.

If you're using the preamp in the head unit, it will run the speakers OK, but to get maximum output from the speakers, you'll need an external amp. However, for your needs (similar to mine) the M309 will serve you well. I just happened to have an extra amp or I'd have settled for the preamp output.

USB port, FM / MP3 / CD / iPod is all I need

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...%5BIgnore%5D=1

or look on Amazon.

.

.
Thanks for the M309 vote.

I didnít want to get into amp's, then I have to mess with alternators and batteries.

12 gage wire from the receiver to the speakers?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankster66 View Post
Thanks for the M309 vote.

I didn’t want to get into amp's, then I have to mess with alternators and batteries.

12 gage wire from the receiver to the speakers?
14GA will do but I used 12GA. I also used male/female plug connectors for the wiring connections. If you ever want to swap heads again......
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.