Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft prostar
Wetsounds Rev 10 mc adapters and swivel mounts

On the adapters page at wetsounds.com it states this, "All adapters will work with REV8X and REV10X for direct mount and REV8SC and REV10SC for full swivel quick release using the removable base plate from the TC-3S clamps.
All adapters have large wiring openings to accept multiple wiring for LED tower lighting."

As I understand it you could use the swivel mount functionality on the mastercraft towers preset pod locations with the MC-11 adapter plate correct? Can anyone confirm this? Anyone have experience with these specific adapters and the swivel mounts on a 2007 or newer MC tower?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
TT Regular

Yes, You can bolt the swivel clamp base plate to the MC-11 adapters and have full swivel ability and quick release removal with one allen bolt. They work awesome and look great. (you will need a different set of bolts so make sure when ordering you let us know of your dealer)

You would order REv 10 SC (swivel clamps) and MC-11 mastercraft adapters and the set of allen bolts pack for mounting SC base plate to MC-11 adapter.

Then all you would do is attach the adapter to the tower and the base plate portion of the swivel clamp to the adapter and your set.

The adapters are great because it gives a factory fit and finish look to it. We machined the adapters and finished them with a brushed finish to tie into the factory finish.

If you have any other questions you can call us at 877-938-7757 or email info@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Will the old pro80 mc mount plates work with the rev10's?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
Not well.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

wetsounds1, I reread your post about the MC-11 adapters and the SC mounts. Were you saying there is a seperate set of allen boats I need to order to use the MC-11 adapters with the rev 10 SC? Like different than the ones that come in the box with the MC-11 adaptor plates?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
TT Regular

cal2vin,

It will depend on the production date of the MC-11 adapters. Recently we started including both the bolts for mounting an X version speakers (longer grade 8 hex head bolt) and for mounting the SC swivel base plate (bevel head stainless steel short bolt)

So if you have a newer adapter or you are ordering them now, they it will include the bolts already.

Sounds like you haven't ordered them yet, so you will be good to go as both sets will be in the box

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

So I had actually already received my speakers and mounts after your post Tim. I think I got both sets of bolts that you were talking about (they match your description of the two kinds, as I understood it those are screws that connect the MC-11 to the swivel clamp. Im having a new issue). I actually ran into another problem with the two outter speaker mounts. The 8 socket head screws that come with the MC-11 are too short to fit through the MC-11 mount and the towers brace mount that is just as thick as the MC-11. I included pictures of my tower as well as all the hardware I got from the Wetsounds MC-11 adapter. Tim, have you ever ran into this problem? Or has anyone else ever had this happen with an MC tower and the MC-11 adapters. I has pro80MC's on these exact spots before with no problem. Now the included screws will not go through and meet the threads of the towers prefab spots.

I have already informed my dealer of this and he is working on it with Wetsounds. I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone else had the same problem to make sure Im not missing something. Lowe's has the exact screws in a 2 inch version stainless steel. The ones that come with the MC-11 at 1.5 inches. I haven't been able to try them yet but they should be a quick fix.

This whole scenario should not be a problem for the middle speaker mounts as there are no tower brace mounts to increase the amount of space between the mc-11 and the tower. I would think that Wetsounds had thought of this because I'm pretty sure the tower brace bars are a standard on the 2007 and newer towers. Mine is a 2008 and those brackets came from the dealer just as they are except with the original speakers. I didn't change anything as far as the brace mount goes.

Also I know this will come up. As you can see from the picture the under side of the tower's brace mount has a deeper recess than the top. I did flip the brace mount so that it sinks into the towers prefab spot a little further hopefully allowing the screws to meet the threads of the tower. This allowed for about 1/2 a thread to show through the hole where it needs to screw onto the tower. It would be impossible to get that small of an amount of thread to hold the screw. I could even get it started actually. A 1.75 inch screw would be perfect it looks. The only thing Im worried about is how it will look since the outter speakers will be dropped down slightly more than the inner speakers due to the brace bar's mounts. I have never had speakers on the inner mounts.

To clarify I have 2 pair of wetsounds rev10SC that Im trying to mount to the pre fab spots on a 2008 Mastercraft X2 tower using the wet sounds MC-11 adapter plates.
Attached Images

Last edited by cal2vin; 02-13-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
If you can't find the perfect depth of S.S. bolt from a specialty hardware supplier, and you want to cut the bolt 1/4" shorter, and you don't have a tap & die set then try this.
First fully thread on matching two nuts. Cut the bolt short. Use a fine triangular file to round over the cut end just a bit and de-burr the threads. Then remove the two nuts as one to restore the threads.

David
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
I ran into this on an 07 or 08 X80 when mounting to the outer spots. I had no trouble sourcing longer bolts at a local specialty fastener shop.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Ya Ill run into town and get some today. There are all kinds of shops. I knew itd be a quick fix. Just wanted to post to let other costumers be aware and to make sure I wasn't completely ignorant and missing something big.

Tags
rev, swivel, tower speaker, wetsound