Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Peter,

I will have to take a pic without the bimini top up. As a personal preference the set up looks better with the bimini up and I only roll with the skylon if the bimini is up. No matter if it is day or night, if the skylon is up the bimini is up. It looks naked without the bimini.

But I will take a pic just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Kyle, your set up is makin me consider not putting a tower on mine... Where would a guy look for a Bimini?

Tapatalk
It is more of how the bimini is made. I have a low profile bimini and you do have to bend down to get under it. Bimini tops that are too tall would look weird.

Make this note too........If you add a board rack and you have a tall bimini then the pulling point on the top of the pole will cause the rope to get caught on the boards.

If you want I can look at who made mine and look for a part number. I can also measure the bimini to see how tall it is and how wide it is.

With my lower bimini and my set up, I can drive ATB or around the boat with a sky skier very easy. Nothing gets hung up on the wake boards or on the speakers. I had to think this out very much when building my set up.

Skylon and FlyHigh have two different legnths of poles. IIRC the older FlyHigh is a few inches taller. I chose the Skylon due to the fact that I LIKE the way I can ratchet strap and get the pole tight. My speakers are not light and do add weight so when you add boards and speakers the top section likes to turn. With the FlyHigh it drove me crazy because the top section would spin and look crooked when driving WOT down the lake. I have NO issues with the Skylon because I can get it real tight and the top section will stay put.

The 2 speakers rock out and I think everyone with the skylon poles should have speakers up there. I would totally build my setup again if I had to.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Peter,

I will have to take a pic without the bimini top up. As a personal preference the set up looks better with the bimini up and I only roll with the skylon if the bimini is up. No matter if it is day or night, if the skylon is up the bimini is up. It looks naked without the bimini.

But I will take a pic just for you.
Most accommodating of you.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Most accommodating of you.
No problem

Honestly, I did not know if anyone would like my setup. I built it and rolled with it and people at the lake that I hang out with really like the Tunes more than anything. VERY few appreciate on older classic boat.

Then again, I do not have a NEW, nice, cool, popular boat that is a status symbol, but most of the guys that have the new boats are not a superstar behind them.....Just Sayin

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
MC Master Poster

My son has been wanting a sound system in the boat, but I haven't been impressed by any speaker installs on the older boats like mine as there really isn't a good place for them. Your system looks great, but want to make sure it will look OK without the bimini as I don't have any plans for on in the near future.

It seems that my boat is old enough that anywhere I go it draws attention. Of course the first question is usually :How fast does it go?"

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Kyle if you could just measure how tall your Bimini is.. I wouldn't mind ducking under mine, and I honestly like yours a lot! I've thought about speakers on my plylon I made, but now I'm thinking buy a skylon and board rack and make a speaker set up like yours..

Anyone have any idea how tall the skylons are to the top from the floor? I couldn't find a height on any site

Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
My son has been wanting a sound system in the boat, but I haven't been impressed by any speaker installs on the older boats like mine as there really isn't a good place for them. Your system looks great, but want to make sure it will look OK without the bimini as I don't have any plans for on in the near future.

It seems that my boat is old enough that anywhere I go it draws attention. Of course the first question is usually :How fast does it go?"
and then when you tell them "about 44 mph" then they say "Is that it?!?!"

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Past: 1986 MC 19 Skier; Nautique, 230, 2009, PCM 343; 2012 X-45 ZFT4, ILMOR 6.0L. CURRENT 2010 X14V, ZFT3, RTP-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
I love getting that question!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Lately I have taken to telling them just over a hundred. They buy it every time.

SPECIAL PRICE

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Quote:
Haha, I've taken to telling them the amount of torque that comes out at the business end of the shaft courtesy of the powerslot! People don't appreciate the significance of that unless they've been towed behind something that doesn't get out of the hole like this thing does. The skiers in my life all understand