Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Mine is 6 years I belive. I think it only comes with a one or two year from the factory. A fuel pump install with labor was 700 and change. They add up quickly. 2500 isn't that much honestly in terms of buying an 80k boat. It's added security in my eyes!
I can't wait to see how much it would have cost me to get the Boat pulled apart and put back together for the ballast tank. No money or of my pocket!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
a big consideration is how you'll be using the boat. the 5.7 ilmore may be enough for surfing, recreational wakeboarding, and skiing, but if you'll be doing any footing, heavily ballasted wakeboarding, the 6.0 LY6 that the 2008 has will be really nice. also, i dont believe the 2011 has a trim tab, so porpoising may be an issue (or it may not be - i've never been on the water in a 15).
Yes, the X-15 does have a little bit of a porpoising issue at a certain speed and depending upon how weight is distributed in the boat. The attitude adjustment plate is also useful to lower the bow if you are going to hit heavy chop. You can use it to lower the bow and split the chop taking less impact on the hull than if you hit it further back on the hull (when the bow is up higher) where the dead-rise angle of the hull is less. Since we don't water ski, it is the most common reason we use the attitude adjustment plate.

Someone coming from an I/O may not like the inability to adjust the bow rise without the attitude adjustment plate.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Mine is 6 years I belive. I think it only comes with a one or two year from the factory. A fuel pump install with labor was 700 and change. They add up quickly. 2500 isn't that much honestly in terms of buying an 80k boat. It's added security in my eyes!
I can't wait to see how much it would have cost me to get the Boat pulled apart and put back together for the ballast tank. No money or of my pocket!
$700 and change for a fuel pump? Did that come with lube? I realize that yours was warranty, but my FP assembly (complete, not just pump) was about $220 and it took me less than 30 minutes to install. Even if they gig you for an hour of labor at $100, that should still be $350 out the door. I need to open my own shop apparently.

2013 X-25
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheat View Post
$700 and change for a fuel pump? Did that come with lube? I realize that yours was warranty, but my FP assembly (complete, not just pump) was about $220 and it took me less than 30 minutes to install. Even if they gig you for an hour of labor at $100, that should still be $350 out the door. I need to open my own shop apparently.
No idea what it came with, as it was all warranty work. just got the receipt for what it would have been.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
It is risk tolerance. For me, I haven't kept a boat for more than 3-4 years since I started boating. I could be a bad example/sample for you.

Also, I do plan on buying most of my boards at my dealer as the same return policy as the above exists. Takes the guess work out. If you know what you want, boat shows can have good deals. Use the online stores to price validate what your buying - and scoop up a deal as you find them. When shopping online, you probably know it, but beware of shipping charges.