Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 AM
EarmarkMarine's Avatar
EarmarkMarine EarmarkMarine is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: TBD
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
How fast do you want it to move with that HDPE on the bottom? My guess is that it will be like the "pull the table cloth out from under the plates and vase" trick, on hard acceleration.
Probably so.
However, I have never installed a subwoofer enclosure in a boat without mounting brackets.
Usually HDPE pads extend just beyond the enclosure perimeter and double as mounting feet.

David
__________________
Earmark Marine
www.earmarkmarine.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
Probably so.
However, I have never installed a subwoofer enclosure in a boat without mounting brackets.
Usually HDPE pads extend just beyond the enclosure perimeter and double as mounting feet.

David
I usually tried to mount subs off of the floor and if it had to be, I used rubber feet with silicone sealing the mating surface and covering the screws holding them onto the box. I did this even under the dash or in the storage areas, so water wouldn't be trapped in the carpet between the floor and the box.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
EarmarkMarine's Avatar
EarmarkMarine EarmarkMarine is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: TBD
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I usually tried to mount subs off of the floor and if it had to be, I used rubber feet with silicone sealing the mating surface and covering the screws holding them onto the box. I did this even under the dash or in the storage areas, so water wouldn't be trapped in the carpet between the floor and the box.
Yes, do all that and don't forget to cover the enclosure with one of those red and white checkered vinyl tablecloths.
__________________
Earmark Marine
www.earmarkmarine.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
Yes, do all that and don't forget to cover the enclosure with one of those red and white checkered vinyl tablecloths.
I was thinking of something that goes better with the boat's interior.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
EarmarkMarine's Avatar
EarmarkMarine EarmarkMarine is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: TBD
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I was thinking of something that goes better with the boat's interior.
WHAT?!?! Doesn't that go with everything?
__________________
Earmark Marine
www.earmarkmarine.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
WHAT?!?! Doesn't that go with everything?
How about Hound's Tooth?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
EarmarkMarine's Avatar
EarmarkMarine EarmarkMarine is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: TBD
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 516
Fashion sense. Hmmm.
__________________
Earmark Marine
www.earmarkmarine.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
Fashion sense. Hmmm.
Or, the white sparkle vinyl, like the Model T seat a friend just re-covered (took off the sparkle stuff)- that would be "different".

How about Tuck N Roll, like an old Kustom guitar amp?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
EarmarkMarine's Avatar
EarmarkMarine EarmarkMarine is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: TBD
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Or, the white sparkle vinyl, like the Model T seat a friend just re-covered (took off the sparkle stuff)- that would be "different".

How about Tuck N Roll, like an old Kustom guitar amp?
Yep, your talkin' all my favorites....especially when they're all applied to the same project.

David
__________________
Earmark Marine
www.earmarkmarine.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
Yep, your talkin' all my favorites....especially when they're all applied to the same project.

David
Then, add some crushed velvet and tweed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.