Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
Well, at the second look I still don't like the tower...
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I see that one does not have the camera mounted on the rope tie off point, which I thought was a cool option. Overpriced, I'm sure, but cool.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
I really did not like how the bimini folds in and the points in the front stay, it looked like it was ready to harpoon a big fish when the bimini was down.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Or harpoon an eye...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
jep, overpriced like all our toys

They asked EUR 130t for it.

But if you look at the others which are cheaper you can see why...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Not sure I'm sold on the new styling direction MC is taking with the newer models. The problem I see with some of the new shapes and color schemes like those on the CC in the above pictures is that they will definitely date the boat. Just like custom paint and interiors, what's hot today will go cold later. That Super Air is a classic of too much going on for no reason. In a few years it'll look like your daddy's old disco shoes.

What happened to form and function? I mean really. The old SA and xStar were always over the top but seemed purposed built. A lot of the new boats are starting to look like something that came out of a "pimp my ride" episode. I keep expecting to see a chocolate fountain or a clothes steamer pop up from under one of the hatches. Come to think of it I think one of the big three had a disco ball option last year.

When I see some of these boats I get a feel about where the perspective some of our members have in regards to the real mastercraft sentiment comes from. Form, function, quality versus Pump My Ride. Not judging, Just an observation.

One last observation on the SA. I thought we all agreed big decals were out about 3 years ago but then again CC has a tendency to be a bit behind the curve in these trends.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
I went to the San Antonio Boat show this weekend and walked away with a few observations.

Tons of boats this year, everyone was represented and most had their full lineup. Texas Ski Ranch had almost every boat in the lineup and 2 stars.

My buddy at Texas Ski Ranch said they did well, sold a few new boats, a number of used boats and had a lot of people coming in this week to look at other boats. Malibu guy said he had not had much luck, same with the CC guys.

The SA boat show is mostly a fishing show. The Austin Boat show is always where it is at. Still impressed with MC with the exception of price. In my mind there are still 3 main companies that compete in the Wake/ski business. MC, CC, and BU. All others are just trying to niche themselves into the market, or at least make a product that is cheaper.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
i like the perspective that the G23 will look dated in a few years... however, pull those graphics off and you've still got a decently classy looking boat.
I'm not a fan of the new star's graphics at all. I know its the 'xstar'.. but i think they should have gone more of the direction of the 40th anniversary boats... could someone photoshop the graphics from the 40th to a new star? wow... that would look amazing. Add a black powder coated power tower... may have something that looks better than the original 40th (i said MAY...)

anyway, we had supra, BU, CC and MC at the cincinnati show.
BU - 24 MXZ is a sharp boat.. i liked the wake on the 22 MXZ but disappointed you cant put a 350 in it. i imagine the 24 MXZ you'd have to get with at least the 6.2. Surf gate? meh.. i think it makes the back of the boat look fugly and i don't surf that much anyway (heard from a good source you need additional weight even with the magical surf gate, a good source)
CC - had a G23 there. I really, really do not like the grey faux teak interior. way to drab. As far as function, the LINC is awesome, still doesn't look right off to the side like that though. super comfortable boat to sit in as a driver, super uncomfortable to sit in as passenger. Haven't ridden behind one, but from everything everyone has said, its awesome. PCM's downfall is they dont have an engine based on the LS3, they're rolling with the 6.0L L96 block for their 450, which has GOT to burn a lot more gas than an 6.2l. engineer friend also was very skeptical that 450 number was honest having the same displacement as the 400hp 6l. tower is hideous...
MC - MSRP of 133k for a boat? i know they're all expensive, and i know the ilmor 7.4 is second to none... but come on. I'm also very disappointed that they didn't make the inside of the new star larger... it felt almost the same size as my 07. X10 seems like it would be a cool boat, i'd like to ride behind one soon. Interiors are head and shoulders above the rest.
Supra - they had a SA450 there. MSRP of 97k. for a supra?!?! really?!?! still looks like a MXZ to me. It's certainly a cool boat, but its not 30k+ cooler than their previous 22 launch. see comment on G23's tower in the CC section. still missing the fit and finish i would expect from a ~100k boat. I'd also like to ride behind it... but they're putting themselves in a pricepoint that competes with the X25, 230, and MXZ... and its a distant 4th to those 3. the supra dealer in cincinnati also knows nothing about wakeboarding... nice guys though, just not riders.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft X25
We checked out all the other manufacturers at the Toronto Boat Show and always ended up back at the MasterCraft Boat Booth. The others are getting there but Mastercraft is still way ahead in many areas. Sean from Len's Cove in Portland Ontario was very knowledgeable and helpful and Norm from MasterCraft was also there, and that man knows everything there is to know about MasterCraft. Rusty Malinoski was at the Booth for a few days signing autographs and taking pictures. Great guy and took time out for everyone.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS
Spokane Boat Show is going on for the rest of next week, in Spokane Washington. $8
They have 5 or 6 Mastercrafts. Pretty good display and nice proshop - lots of fat sacs, clothes and boards!
Attached Images