Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Also- their were some bad *** golf carts at the show this year, almost bought one but decided to wait.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I checked out our boat show this weekend as well. I did see an aluminum duck boat on a tandem trailer, which I thought might have been a little much, granted it was a pretty big boat. I was pretty impressed with the G23, unlike moleson10 and his wife. I spoke with the rep who I know, and he said he will be bringing his personal G23 to my lake in April and he will be happy to take me for a spin. I am anxious to try out the wake on this boat. I loved the camera system they had on the ski rope tie off. It also had an amazing sound system, which I'm sure that many of yours do as well. I was glad to see the ski 200 on the floor as well, as the only true slalom boat present. One thing I did notice on the 200 was the engine cover foam. Does anyone recognize this as anything they have seen in other boats? I liked the way their engine hatch opened as well with a latch instead of the rubber clips, but it did not have any gas shocks to hold it up. Just an observation.

I also spoke with Zane in the MC booth for a little bit. It is really a small world bc he knows some of the same people I know and grew up in the city where I used to live. I guess knowing everyone comes with being in the industry so long. I liked the MC showing and I think my overall favorite was the X2 or X10. I am still not sold on those big power assisted towers, but I have not owned one, so I cannot really speak as to how good they actually are.

The MB Sports boat was the first one I saw and while they have come a long way, they still have a way to go. Their gelcoat lines were not straight and also had quite a bit of porosity in the deck. The deck also did seem a little thin as previously mentioned. Overall, it was a nice boat though.

I think one of the nicer looking boats was the Chris Craft Launch 22. I can say that with having something to do with the design, years back. I did not like the fact that it was 80k and sat 8 people but to each his own. The fit and finish was is very nice on the Chris Crafts.

Several of the boat manufacturers have really had to step up their game, including Supra, Tige and Moomba. Moomba is still pretty far behind, but they are looking much better than they once looked and would probably make a decent entry level boat.

I could probably critique most every manufacturer that was present, including the pontoons, as my dad was looking. BTW, there are some pretty ridiculous toons out there as well. Some may say why 300hp on a pontoon? I say bc you can. They are approaching the prices of some wakeboard boats as well. Gone are the days of hoping to spend 30k and get a top of the line boat, unfortunately. I still managed to have a good time though.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xStar, 2008, LY6
My apologies if I offend anyone on their boat of choice. We all have opinions and it can be fun to share sometimes as long as it's not mean spirited. I don't think all mastercrafts look good and someone else might not like my choice in boats, its all good.

Now with that disclaimer, the G boats looked to me like the bow should drop when they hit the beach and marines come charging out.
1969 Glastron
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
^^That's funny. G Design is slowly growing on me. It does have downfalls and is not perfect, but I hear the wakeboard wake is amazing, same with the surf wave. I hear if you come off plane too fast, it takes water over the transom That would be annoying, especially when surfing b/c people fall a lot. Or any time for that matter.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleson10 View Post
My apologies if I offend anyone on their boat of choice. We all have opinions and it can be fun to share sometimes as long as it's not mean spirited. I don't think all mastercrafts look good and someone else might not like my choice in boats, its all good.

Now with that disclaimer, the G boats looked to me like the bow should drop when they hit the beach and marines come charging out.

That description of the G is the best way I have heard it put, that puts into words exactly how I feel it looks.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleson10 View Post

No offense taken from me. To each his own. I think what CC was trying to do with the bow was similar to what MC has done with theirs. Several manufacturers have recognized that particular design makes for much more room and is practical. It is just now getting to where it is growing on me. CC wanted to achieve the same goal, but with a bit of a different look than anyone else. I think it will take a little getting used to for me, much like the forked design of MC has.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
I personally love the G though they are a bit ugly on the water. I'd would have taken a hard look at one if not for me needing a bigger tow vehicle. New Star is beautiful but small inside. When I looked at the X25 side by side to the star the star had a smaller cockpit though a bigger bow. Seemed to have less freeboard too and I don't care for the step up in the walkthrough.

I find MB's very cheap looking and their graphics dated. Tiges and Bu's are ok but interiors don't match CC IMO. My other problem with Tige and Bu is that every second boat on my lake is a RZ2 or 23LSV, and I'd rather be unique, having the only X25 I saw last year the whole summer.

I'd say CC and MC league of their own though.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209
Seattle Boat Show 2013

MasterCraft Display yesterday. 2013 X Star is slick but so is the price! Tons of room in the thing and the fabric is second to none with that sharkskin look.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
I really liked the new G 23. Don't know but for me it was just the right mix between solid boat and new things that really make sense. I really liked the interior and little details they - in my opinion - solved well. I'm also a bit tired of all this too much of bling in the newer MC. Up to now the CC's in my opinion where too old school and always a few years behind actual design, but now...

Guess I would go with a G23 if I didn't bought a 2008 Star a few months ago.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
Shaun was there, that's probably why I was so impressed by that new boat
Attached Images