Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeeJay02 View Post
This all seems a bit silly and down right foolish,
I have spent hundreds of thousands between the cost of 3 MC's, my third being built as we speak. Yes, they are all X-series boats, have I not shown my loyalty and earned the right to display a "Mastercraft" sticker proudly? Or do I still need to put the "X-Series" next to it. Seems a bit ridiculous.

If someone tells you they own a yacht, do you question them with "Which Model" to determin if it classifies as one or do you appreciate the fact that they are lucky enough to have a yacht?

Slalom, Wakeboarding, wake skate, surfing etc. to each there own.
Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

The reality is - - - a person's particular reasons to own (or not own) a MC is really up to them. Some want it for slalom, others for wakeboarding, others for crossover.

Some may only buy a MC for the prestige or "keeping up with the Joneses." In the end, it doesn't matter.

I bought an X-10 because it was a great choice for my family and our interests. I wanted MC quality and performance. Someone else may have completely different reasons for their choices and it doesn't affect me one bit. It will probably not be my last MC either, and it will be fun to see how my next model compares with this one. That's enjoyable to me.

And, for the record, I have a MC sticker on both my tow vehicle and my little VW GTI. Those are for my enjoyment and I don't give a rat's *** whether people agree with it or not.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
however... I am a ski elitist. When it comes to snowboarding, there have been articles (such as this one http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/01/20...src=dayp&_r=3& ) pointing out that snowboarding may have just been a fad. If it was a fad, it certainly progressed the sport of skiing. Had snowboarding not come around, we'd still be on long, straight, 215cm planks on the mountain. Thankfully the "shaped" ski movement came along, and if that's all that comes from the snowboard fad, then I'll be happy. Snowboarding is dying off however, skiing has never been in jeopardy of losing a clientell base, the only reason skiing dropped off at all was beacause snowboarding was the new "cool" thing to do.
you really think that 30% of all visits to resorts are people just on a "fad"? Yes, a 2-3% decline is "significant". you totally overlooked the point that snowboarders have more average days on the snow per year than skiers (now if that is statistically significant difference i have no idea, directionally, though, it is true). also, a 7.6 to 6.1 average day a year drop over 15 YEARS is "sharp"? give me a freaking break. I can tell you with assurance, that while it may ebb and flow (just like skiing has) snowboarding is here to stay (um who was in the Olympics first?). looks like for now, you pompous ski elitists will have to ride the same lifts we are. Don't like it? go to deer valley. I could care less.

Not that i'm against skiing, heck, my brother and some of my best friends ski, but don't call snowboarding a fad.

threadjack over
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Master craft X-1 2006 350HP
Grow up, who the hell cares
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft 2008 X30
Let me see real Mastercraft owners! Who's ever name is on the check qualifies, me personally I was a 190 owner for 20 years now x-30 and the reason for the change is a family with little ones.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
you really think that 30% of all visits to resorts are people just on a "fad"? Yes, a 2-3% decline is "significant". you totally overlooked the point that snowboarders have more average days on the snow per year than skiers (now if that is statistically significant difference i have no idea, directionally, though, it is true). also, a 7.6 to 6.1 average day a year drop over 15 YEARS is "sharp"? give me a freaking break. I can tell you with assurance, that while it may ebb and flow (just like skiing has) snowboarding is here to stay (um who was in the Olympics first?). looks like for now, you pompous ski elitists will have to ride the same lifts we are. Don't like it? go to deer valley. I could care less.

Not that i'm against skiing, heck, my brother and some of my best friends ski, but don't call snowboarding a fad.

threadjack over
Haha relax man... the "elitist" thing was clearly followed by a smiley face for a reason. I ski, yes. Lots of my friends snowboard and I have no problem sharing a mountain with those who like to ride on one plank. I don't think snowboarding will ever die off completely, that's not even what I meant... I said it was dying based on what the article said, not implying it wouldn't be around in X number of years. I was skiing when nobody was snowboarding, was skiing when everyone started snowboarding, and still am skiing as I watch skiers rise in numbers again. I can't thank snowboarders enough for what they brought to the sport of skiing. Without the shape of a snowboard, we'd have boring skis that you can't ride edges and carve on.

I love you, man.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, '97 Sammy Duvall Prostar 205, Std 5.7L
In my world, a true Mastercraft person loves both skiing and wakeboarding. The more ways to experience the water the better.

Speaking of which, can't wait for the ice to melt around here.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
I'll ride the same chair if you have a board or skis on your feet. But, if you don't want me to I'll ski Alta. Wait DV has great food though. Isn't all about the food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post

threadjack over
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
So, should us “real” MC owners need to refer to ourselves as MCOFC (old farts club) ?

besides, everybody already knows that wakeboarders aren't even human!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
So, should us “real” MC owners need to refer to ourselves as MCOFC (old farts club) ?

besides, everybody already knows that wakeboarders aren't even human!

I have that shirt in white and black!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
I have that shirt in white and black!!!
Are you saying you're human?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...