Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x14
ok i try and explain . the boat is new only 48 hrs. i have already gone through an impeller that went the second time i took it. i always slighty turn the key to make sure have battery charge.i did put a post up in regards to that. all i can say is the boat never actaully started. but i will take the blame for the impeller the dealer did cover it though. the boat seems to run closer to 190 and the odd 200 and then sometimes it goes as low as 170. i was told by putting on a heat exchanger it will help keep the temp more constant. then someone else said there mainly used so you dont run saltwater through your motor. my X14 had the heat exchanger. but i must admit i never watched the temp guage as much as i do in the prostar.mainly because of what happened with the impeller i am always checking . maybe i am being paranoid
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 197 tournament team 2003, 310 predator, zeroflex mini tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
I think these new boats are supposed to be running between 180-200 all the time. (Emissions Related)
I agree. The owner of the 2013 we ski behind is always commenting (being cautious, not paranoid) about the temp as well, and as stated previously, it runs a heat exchanger.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
New boats get a 190 deg thermostat. It will jump around a little, sometimes breaking 200, sometimes dropping to 170. Putting a new or bigger heat exchanger will not make the boat run cooler because your thermostat will close when you dip under 190 degrees, which cuts off flow to the heat exchanger. What is your issue? Are you getting overheat warnings?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: x14
hi bcd
no i am not getting any warnings. thats what my dealer said if there are no warnings it should be fine. he did mention about changing the thermostate if i wanted to. i ph him this morning and he miss understood why i wanted to put on the heat exchanger he thought i wanted to start taking boat into salt water.when i did the impeller the warning alarm came on straight away.
maybe i am just being really cautious
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Follow-up

I called two sources that I use and neither had that part in their stock. I'm still looking.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767