Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Dear wife,

We have supported and encouraged each other over the years toward our goals and dreams. We have become best of friends as we joined in one another's passions. Which makes this all the more difficult to tell you. The V-drive Mastercraft we have is a poser. She is not what we thought. It with deep emotion I must inform you, we don't really own a Mastercraft.

I know you shared my joy when I brought her home three years ago for you knew it was my boyhood dream to own a Mastercraft. Since that dream is still unrealized, I know you will understand why I must buy that DD PS 214 I showed you this fall. I called the owner today and we have a verbalized agreement. I plan on picking it up tomorrow. I'm so pumped.

by the way, i'll be gone today as i know you would like a day to yourself. no need to call me. no need to wait up for me. no need to thank me. you deserve a "me day."

Thanks dear. Your the best. Here is to pursuing and achieving more dreams together.

Your husband,
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
couple videos to help...found them on another forum debating whether skiing was fading away...

http://youtu.be/7r9jpnFdUl8

http://youtu.be/zjpnylDTRbw

I could post a 2012 X-Star video, but no need. We all have seen the latest Mastercraft media.

In comparison, a Porsche 911... it seats two and is great on the track. Does that make a person with "Panamera Turbo S" a non-owner of a Porsche if he doesn't track his four seater? Or for that matter is the new 911 Turbo S less of a 911 because it isn't air cooled?

History is history, in 2009 we almost lost this great boat company.

What makes a company survive? Variety and versatility. The market demands that. If you don't like it, fine, but realize you can't change it and other changes are coming. I'd like to see more innovation at MC, not less.

IMO we're all owners and there are categories of owners. Skiers, Boarders, Skaters, Skyskiers, Surfers, Tubers, Towable Snorklers, Divers, Fishers...and other sports. Pick your categories - enjoy them.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft X-10
Why did I buy MasterCraft? Because I wanted MasterCraft quality.

Personally, I think things with engines, especially things that go fast. Currently, I have a Kawasaki ZX-6R in that garage, which I ride both on the street at on the track. It's a great bike, with amazingly "neutral" steering and thrilling acceleration all the way up to the 16,5K redline. In the past, I've also owned Ducati, Honda and Yamaha, all of which had their respective strengths and weaknesses.

I bought a 2005 X-10 last Fall because I wanted to move up to the upper echelon of recreational boats and I knew from research and countless discussions with boat owners and salespeople that MasterCraft was a great choice. I chose the X-10 mainly because I am the only slalom skier in a family of wakeboarders. We also enjoy heading out onto the lakes for lazy afternoons of swimming around the boat and the larger seating capacity is a real plus for us.

To me, it is most admirable that MasterCraft has worked hard to maintain a high level of quality and performance, no matter what the intended use of each particular boat. I am impressed with their history in dedicated slalom boats and the fact that one can still buy world-class slalom and barefoot MC boats. I think it is also admirable that MC has set the bar for wakeboarding with the X-Star and other landmark boats throughout the years. I'm also looking forward to seeing how my "crossover" boat does for both wakeboarders and slalom skiers once our lakes in Wisconsin turn from solid to liquid again.

TT has already been a great resource to me as a new MC owner. What I appreciate most is the opportunity to share ideas and learn from other owners. Personally, I'm as interested in the impressive restoration diaries and discussions about various issues which come up with ALL boats in MasterCraft's history as I am at looking at the newest "eye candy."

What I'm NOT interested in is the pissing matches or taunting which occasionally pops up. However, it's easy enough to simply move on to something of value, letting the inane throw volleys back and forth. For me, those posts are of no value whatsoever.

Thankfully, TT is full of many similar minded MC owners and enthusiasts and I look forward to learning from the collective experience and knowledge of those who are regulars. I hope to be able to add my own perspectives, as well.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft X-10
LaRue - - - Brilliant!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricford View Post
realmastercraft is just an idiot who likes to get people all upset, and these couple of threads proves he's very good at it. What you do with your boat is entirely up to the owner, and if it's a Mastercraft of any age or style, you are a real Mastercraft owner. Don't give this jerk the satisfaction of posting on his threads.
Cheers, enough said...
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft X Star
Bottom line... It's not about skier or boarder. It's about a group of owners who not only love boating, they love their boats. A real Mastercraft owner is someone who takes care of their boat, whether a 1980 or 2013. Who can spend an entire Sunday polishing and waxing in lieu of a day with their wife or significant other. Anyone one, with any amount of MC OCD. Those are the real owners.

I'm just a mid 20's boarder who never had the opportunity to ski at a young age but am loving the wake behind my star. I have a tremendous amount of respect for skiers. It's fascinating what you guys do. I never make runs down the lake when you guys are tearing up the flat water. Just can't do it. Would never ruin the exhilaration for you. And that's what it's all about. To me if you were to really say what it is, that's real MC
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 X30
I am sort of shocked to see this is even an issue.
I have a 2003 x 30. I bought it originally because my brother in law who had a ski Supreme and is a hard core slalom guy told me, after I was impressed with his boat, that if I wanted a sport boat of that sort, to "Go get a Mastercraft. They are the best built boats out there bar none" I followed his advice and never looked back. Whenever I see a old stars and stripes, I get a smirk on my face knowing the heritage and the quality of those boats that went into mine. Tried true and tested. Yes its true that the water sports scene has and is changing, but in no way does it in my opinion invalidate the Prostars or their riders.
That's probably why every year when I go to the New England Boat show and I look at a Nautique or Axis or any competitor's boat, the first thing they do is try and I emphasize "TRY" to do is compare it to a Mastercraft. It has is and always will be the Gold standard of Sport Boats. Pro Series or X
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
so great to read the positive comments about MC ownership!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
After reading this goof balls posts about "real Mastercraft " owners and people that sport the sticker and shirt but only own a vintage Mastercraft , it got me thinking. I almost feel the opposite. To me the real " Mastercraft " owners and the ones that should sport the sticker are those with the slalom boats. To me Mastercraft has always been and will be a slalom boat, regardless of how many wake boats they produce and sell now. Hopefully they never lose sight of their heritage. Those who own the wakeboard boats should have to say "x series Mastercraft"! That way I know who is a purist water skier and who is the new generation wakeboarder.
Thoughts.
Myself...I am a little confused by this thread. Rod it has been a while since your exodus from the TEAM TALK Site.
At one time, where you not involved in a venture yourself that was building wakeboard boats with WAKECRAFT? A dealer or investor or something
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=13483&page=9

With that said a company needs to evolve. MasterCraft has done that.

We do not need to pit one type of MasterCraft owner againist another. To each there own.
They all say MasterCraft on the side weather you own a 1979 MasterCraft I/O or a 2011 265 CSX. Everyone has pride in ownership in the product no matter which one you own. To each there own

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Reminds me of Snow Skier vs Snowboard. Well I've snow skied for so many years I will not care to admit. People will say (I'm was guilty of it in the past too) that snowboarders do nothing but scrap the snow off the hill, sit on tier buts, ... We'll if you look, there are beginner skiers who do the same (in a wedge) on terrain too difficult to advance their skills. Funny, when I ski terrain that is more difficult (make you crap in your pants kind of stuff), the snowboards there are very skilled and I enjoy watching them do their thing. So much that over the last couple of seasons I decided to broaden my horizons and learn to snowboard. I'm enjoying it. I was riding up a lift and some mom was also on the chair. She noted here couple of kids going down the hill who were snowboarders. She turns to me and say, do you carve or are you one of those people who just scrape and sit all over the place. I must admit that I felt like pushing her off the lift. Yes, I carve and no I don't spend the majority of the time sitting in the snow.

The point (and you thought there was not going to be one) - don't prop (pun intended) yourself up by putting others down. There are many people on TT that I have taken a liking to them. Never met them. Don't give a rat's back end what kind of boat they own. I know I like my boat. I'm pretty darn sure they like theirs. I'm sure they enjoy their boat. God forbid, some may even fish off of it (sarcasm).

My one and only post in this thread. Go ahead, throw stones. Thank God for smilies.