Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 86 19' skier 351 PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Agree, 110%. However, I don't frown on my TT brothers & sisters for them owning a V-Drive or X Boat.... Can't we all just get along??
Untill I joined this forum I didn't even know Mastercraft made a v-drive or x boat
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
And I must clarify, my "poser" comment was simply making more fun of that dumb sh*t from a couple of days ago that we all have had so much fun razzing....The bottom line is we all enjoy being out on the open water enjoying a multitude of various watersports, and we are fortunate enough to have the best product available...whether back in 1978 or 2013.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristarboarder View Post
And I must clarify, my "poser" comment was simply making more fun of that dumb sh*t from a couple of days ago that we all have had so much fun razzing....The bottom line is we all enjoy being out on the open water enjoying a multitude of various watersports, and we are fortunate enough to have the best product available...whether back in 1978 or 2013.
'nuff said! - and said very well!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
Real MC owner here.....4 MC's since 1994.

Somedays I like to ski or barefoot, somedays I like to wakeboard or wakesurf.
Currently a 2-boat owner....'93 Prostar Limited and '05 X-star.

So Rod do I qualify as a "Real Mastercraft owner"?
Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 LRC KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
realmastercraft is just an idiot who likes to get people all upset, and these couple of threads proves he's very good at it. What you do with your boat is entirely up to the owner, and if it's a Mastercraft of any age or style, you are a real Mastercraft owner. Don't give this jerk the satisfaction of posting on his threads.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 X25
Why would one of us be better than the other. I bought the best boat that I could for what I wanted to do with my family. Just because skiing has been around longer doesn't make it better than the board sports. I'm tied of you so called "purists". Go find a water ski forum, this is for MasterCraft boat owners.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Disagree. Seems a bit snobby to me. We all know "skiers" don't care for "boarders" and this kind of prepetuates it.

It's been wakeboarding and surfing that have kept the inboard market alive for the past 10 years. Like it or not the newer generations like standing sideways and doing jumps, and are less interested in uncomfortable stances and going really fast. It's the "sideways" movement that saved the snow ski industry too. Oh ya, if MC was only in the business of slalom boats, well I would say they probably wouldn't still be in business.

With all that said I have the upmost respect for Slalom skiers and the skills they have. It's a tough sport and takes a lot of practice. I got to really try it for the first time this past summer and it was much more fun then I expected. I plan to definitley do more and get a ski but you won't see me giving up wakeboarding anytime soon.
I disagree that wakeboarding and surfing have kept the inboard market alive. What those activites have done has caused the inboard market to grow exponentially. Slalom skiers still need a slalom boat. I think MC would still be in business without wakeboarding/surfing, but it would be like the old days...small company with one, maybe two or three by now, models to choose from.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 AM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I agree with all of you. Do what you do ! It's your money , your boat. Do what you please!

Just because your boat cost 100k or 9 k doesn't make you less of a Mastercraft owner.

Mastercaft started out as a waterski boat , so no reason to downplay those who don't have the xstar ,x25 or whatever.

It's an awesome boat weather it's old or not. And I wish I could find one to call my own.

I just feel like the slalom boat owners that built this company to what it is today are truly worthy of sporting he badge in their trucks or what have you.

The rest of you realize where the it came from !
Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Crownline 182 (sold), 2012 Mastercraft X2
Why is ther always that gap between skiers and boarders???
Why can't we just live togehter??

In the waterski club where i'm member of we don't have this problem everyone loves everyone, no matter boarder, skier, barfoter or anything else.
And we are the only v-drive in there all the athors are z-drive and they ski and board as well.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
So I've been around Mastercrafts my entire life.. was my dads spotter in the boat while he did tournament slalom 2 days before I was born.. We moved from 190's to 205's to a 205v, then to our current x 15. Go tell Zane he didn't build the company because he wake boards. Go tell rusty to stop nailing 1080s and further repping the Mastercraft name. To say that slalom skiers are the only ones who deserve to sport stickers are slalom skiers is rather an elitist statement in my mind. I know where the company built its roots on skiing, but just because you ski doesn't make you any more of a Mastercraft enthusiast! WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE LOVE MASTERCRAFT BOATS!! Im going to sport Mastercraft stickers on all my vehicles.. my girlfriend has a pink Mastercraft sticker on her car too! So if Mastercraft stuck to their roots, and only made slalom boats, they would be bankrupt and long gone! I cant believe some douchebag made us all so pissed off. I'm glad he bought a malibu! at least he's not here fouling up our website!